Wiki Posts
Search

Whis is ba.com so shi**y ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Whis is ba.com so shi**y ?

Maybe is it the jet lag talking and I realise BA is not alone in this (if BA.com is s**t, then FinnAir is poo on steroids).

Just a few examples
- arrived at airport to find out connecting flight leaving a day before arrival
- can't see how many TP's will be credited on flown segments (seriously, this is "kindergarten level stuff, BA),
-can't pay a deposit on a Flight+Hotel option (there is a probably a way to do this but if I even have to ask the question how - then there is something seriously wrong).

This is basic stuff BA!

Rant over, Off to bed.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Why do you need to create separate threads for at least two out of three of your complaint points / rants above when you already have this one?

No "deposit" payment option on Fligh+Hotel booking

How do I see number of TP's to be earned on a booking?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
the other threads ask for help with very specific issues, particularly helpful for others who search for these later on.

this is a generic jet lag induced rant about how rubbish IT systems are, though I can now see these rants are very common so probably not a very helpful thread.
SW7London likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:48 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
the other threads ask for help with very specific issues, particularly helpful for others who search for these later on.

this is a generic jet lag induced rant about how rubbish IT systems are, though I can now see these rants are very common so probably not a very helpful thread.
Does « generic jet lag » cause one not to start sentences with a capital letter, or bother with grammar? I ask for a friend.
beamac, TheOldMan, dddc and 13 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Does « generic jet lag » cause one not to start sentences with a capital letter, or bother with grammar? I ask for a friend.
Most are here to discuss BA related issues, including BA.com issues and not to receive passive aggressive lessons in literature.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
After dealing with airlines like TAROM, PIA, Air Koryo, etc. I’m more than happy to use BA’s site.
MatJarosz and Crismyth like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by SW7London
Most are here to discuss BA related issues, including BA.com issues and not to receive passive aggressive lessons in literature.
I'd love to discuss the issues - if I could actually make out what the issues were. Nothing passive about me Dear!

Actually it is Grammar - we are not reading a book are we? So to get back to the thread (or are they threads? ) - is it BA or Finnair who is the main culprit? He should wander around the Air France site, getting to the Pay Up page is Daedalian indeed.
bzado likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:13 am

To answer the OP's question, BA.com and the App are lagging behind because of Alex Cruz's long wave.

He outsourced the App team, all while the BA.com team went too as soon as he came in. Then, once it became apparent how much of a dreadful mistake that was, they were re-insourced (at least design/analysis/oversightetc, the actual coding is outsourced). But that took years to take place. By then there were needs to do major 'background' works on the actual technology powering the systems... and Covid happened. Cue in another culling. Now they're re-restarting, but they have 4-5 years to catch up in a world where nothing stands still.
ermis177, JAXBA, Tocsin and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by 13901
To answer the OP's question, BA.com and the App are lagging behind because of Alex Cruz's long wave.

He outsourced the App team, all while the BA.com team went too as soon as he came in. Then, once it became apparent how much of a dreadful mistake that was, they were re-insourced (at least design/analysis/oversightetc, the actual coding is outsourced). But that took years to take place. By then there were needs to do major 'background' works on the actual technology powering the systems... and Covid happened. Cue in another culling. Now they're re-restarting, but they have 4-5 years to catch up in a world where nothing stands still.
Even after two years of complaints I am not able to complete any booking when logged into my Exec Club account (neither via app or .com) - no ticket can be priced out - and I always need to book as a guest. I am sure by 2030 I can actually book again a ticket using my BA account and don't have to add bookings manually
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:44 am

Compared to the US Big 3 the IT really is beyond appalling. You can’t even change the destination of your ticket without calling. You can’t even change the date if it’s open jaw. Then they have the nerve to try and charge a £30 change fee 🤣.
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
On my iPad it doesn’t seem to auto start replies with a capital. Indeed I have had to change the “on” myself in this case. Perhaps we are too used to relying on technology to make things easy, something the OP notes!
ttama likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by 13901

Great insight!

Likely the "savings" Alex made from outsourcing the App and BA.com teams was wiped out by the direct additional costs BA is incurring by having to staff contact centres and assist passengers - given the functionality on BA.com and the app is limited.

Examples of Alex's superb management continue to become apparent on a regular basis.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by SW7London
Great insight!

Likely the "savings" Alex made from outsourcing the App and BA.com teams was wiped out by the direct additional costs BA is incurring by having to staff contact centres and assist passengers - given the functionality on BA.com and the app is limited.

Examples of Alex's superb management continue to become apparent on a regular basis.
Good example of the overall approach from his masters in IAG I think. Not going to defend him… but he would argue he was only doing what WW was asking for.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Good example of the overall approach from his masters in IAG I think. Not going to defend him… but he would argue he was only doing what WW was asking for.
The App bit was his doing, though...
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today is a hard day to login.

Attempt 2

Clicking on Find out more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.