Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FT01
Just had my first, that I can recall, DEKWWA (Does EVERYONE Know Who We Are) experience.
Arriving into the lounge in Dublin, doing my usual of finding the darkest, quietest spot available. My hatred of phones not on silent is something I'm unable to describe with words, but this is my reason for avoiding everyone. I digress.
Great post. Flexing in that poky Dublin lounge which you can get in for 25 euros, or that you're travelling CE on one of the shortest/cheapest routes BA fly is both weird and weak.

Have you considered noise-cancelling headphones?
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by firstlight
I'm assuming it wasn't you doing the Q jump being in group 0.5 :-)
I hope I have more social awareness than that! If I was being vaguely charitable I’d blame BA’s rubbish boarding process for someone assuming they’re not supposed to join a large queue for their priority boarding, and the invertebrate tendencies of some staff in not educating them…
VSLover, cjb666 and firstlight like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:55 am

This could go in so many threads…
She said: "He told me he had a problem, that he was being harassed by other passengers, that he was famous and asked did I know who he was." Ryan asked to be upgraded from economy to business class but was refused as the plane was full, it was said. The flight attendant said: "He was angry, saying he was a gold card holder and that he needed to be moved because of this." The singer, 39, was "slurring his words and staggering around" after drinking a whole bottle of port before a British Airways flight from Glasgow to London City Airport on July 31 last year.He said he drank a whole bottle of port and ate cheese in the BA lounge after the flight was delayed.
The trial continues.

Will he still be eligible forcompensation for the delayed flight?
BlueThroughCrimp, 86BA7 and bzado like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by muscat
She said: "He told me he had a problem, that he was being harassed by other passengers, that he was famous and asked did I know who he was." Ryan asked to be upgraded from economy to business class but was refused as the plane was full, it was said. The flight attendant said: "He was angry, saying he was a gold card holder and that he needed to be moved because of this." The singer, 39, was "slurring his words and staggering around" after drinking a whole bottle of port before a British Airways flight from Glasgow to London City Airport on July 31 last year.He said he drank a whole bottle of port and ate cheese in the BA lounge after the flight was delayed.
The trial continues.

Convicted this afternoon
Vaclav and higham44 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
https://news.sky.com/story/lee-ryan-...light-12785121

Blue singer Lee Ryan has been found guilty of the racially aggravated assault of a female cabin crew member on a British Airways flight. It comes following an incident on a journey from Glasgow to London in July last year. The court heard that the singer was "slurring his words and staggering around" after drinking a whole bottle of port before the flight.
Convicted of three offences in total.
higham44 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Convicted this afternoon
and probably not a gold card holder anymore either...
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
... and probably banned from flying BA anymore after that offence.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Ah, first DYKWIA of 2023 for me - nothing quite like someone sweeping past the 20+ people in groups 1-3 queue for boarding (through the empty groups 4+ queue) by saying they’re group 1 and being waved through

BA, consistently inconsistent - a core brand value!
To be fair, with the absolute mess that has been priority boarding since it was re introduced after Covid, it can be a case of every man/woman/whatever for themselves these days.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by muscat
The trial continues.

I find it funny when people flex being Gold, in reality its a a mid tier status. Lots of people higher up do not get upgrades.

Think:
Premier
GGLfL
GGL (HVC)
GGL
GFL
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Blue
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
I find it funny when people flex being Gold, in reality its a a mid tier status. Lots of people higher up do not get upgrades.

Think:
Premier
GGLfL
GGL (HVC)
GGL
GFL
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Blue
Up to a point Lord Copper …… (bonus points for anyone getting the reference)
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Scoop, excellent book.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I very much enjoyed post number 7. I can assure the poster that Mr and Mrs Brag are not FT'ers because if they were I doubt any of them would have been so confident as to utter the words "DO YOU WANT SOME FOOD? REMEMBER WE'LL BE FED ON THE FLIGHT - WE'RE FLYING CLUB"
“Bloody ridiculous - there were no Pretzels in CLUB and we ONLY got 15,000 Avios in compensation”
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
Well worthy of the DYKWIA thread!
krispy84 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Ah, first DYKWIA of 2023 for me - nothing quite like someone sweeping past the 20+ people in groups 1-3 queue for boarding (through the empty groups 4+ queue) by saying they’re group 1 and being waved through

BA, consistently inconsistent - a core brand value!
Budapest is a joke for boarding. "We will be boarding groups 1,2 &3" which prompts close to 100 people to surge to the gate.

I'd much rather (and it would be much more efficient) if they actually boarded the groups in order. On Friday morning there was a gent with his proudly displayed silver bag tags who tried to push Infront of the 4 pax in wheelchairs to get in front of the queue.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
After calling the GGL line recently I got a survey to fill in. This was one of the questions and it exactly shows what PGberkshire calls out

The real top is the top 1% of the 1% of the 1%

Where GGL really sits

Originally Posted by PGberkshire

Think:
Premier
GGLfL
GGL (HVC)
GGL
GFL
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Blue
krispy84 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.