Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Old Jan 2, 23, 1:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Iíve re-launched this thread as a place for us to share some details about the in-flight food and beverages served in BA Club World. Hopefully as the posts populate over time, it will give us an idea of what food we can expect to receive on our upcoming flights. This supercedes the previous Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022 and Long haul in-flight catering | Club World threads

As this will build into a popular resource, it would be a great help to others if you can remove any photos from the posts you quote. A sister thread for the discussion of the more existential and general aspects of BA's catering strategy is linked below.

Sister threads:
Club World catering | opinions and general discussion
Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Old Jan 2, 23, 12:00 pm

Anyone know what menus I can expect LHR-CPT and JNB-CPT in Jan please?

thanks!
SurreyFlightPath likes this.
Old Jan 2, 23, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA blue, Emirates blue
Originally Posted by dinkymints View Post

thanks!
I am on BA57 LHR/JNB this Wednesday the 4th and will report back.
mikeyfly and SurreyFlightPath like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 2, 23 at 12:29 pm Reason: repair quotation frame
Old Jan 2, 23, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Shingi View Post
Originally Posted by dinkymints View Post

thanks!
I am on BA57 LHR/JNB this Wednesday the 4th and will report back.
Thank you!
Shingi and SurreyFlightPath like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 2, 23 at 12:30 pm Reason: repair quotation frames and attribution
Old Jan 2, 23, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
How does the Club World meal service out of Gatwick compare to Heathrow these days?

Also, what would the second meal be on the Orlando route? Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 23, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS

Can’t compare LGW TO LHR recently, but for LGW to the Caribbean here’s the menu from BA2159 LGW-UVF/GND ON 31 Dec 22. Didn’t take any photos I’m afraid but the Prosciutto was fabulous. Asian inspired beef was ok but nothing special. Sticky toffee pudding was middling but the custard (caramel sauce?) and presentation was good. Mrs Allycat had the butternut squash gnocchi and was slightly underwhelmed and also surprised about how big the gnocchi were. Afternoon tea - sandwiches were standard but cake and scones were top notch. Wine list was ok. Vivino pointed me to the second option in each group but the Chardonnay had been substituted with something Italian so I skipped that and stuck with the Cabernet Sauvignon.
Old Jan 2, 23, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by allycat53 View Post
Canít compare LGW TO LHR recently, but for LGW to the Caribbean hereís the menu from BA2159 LGW-UVF/GND ON 31 Dec 22. Didnít take any photos Iím afraid but the Prosciutto was fabulous. Asian inspired beef was ok but nothing special. Sticky toffee pudding was middling but the custard (caramel sauce?) and presentation was good. Mrs Allycat had the butternut squash gnocchi and was slightly underwhelmed and also surprised about how big the gnocchi were. Afternoon tea - sandwiches were standard but cake and scones were top notch. Wine list was ok. Vivino pointed me to the second option in each group but the Chardonnay had been substituted with something Italian so I skipped that and stuck with the Cabernet Sauvignon.
Thanks so much, really useful. Actually, on bottom of the beverages page, it lists the two Orlando flight numbers too, so this gives me a good idea! Wonder what the January menu will bring us..
allycat53 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 23, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by sb1982 View Post
How does the Club World meal service out of Gatwick compare to Heathrow these days?

Last time I flew MCO was summer 2022 and the second meal was afternoon tea.

CB
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 2, 23, 6:20 pm

Dubai - London Heathrow
2nd January 2023

BA108
Old Jan 3, 23, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Iíve been rebooked from Qatar to the 08:50 BA122.

Any suggestions what breakfast and a 2nd meal from DOH would involve? Or from other early morning Middle East destinations like KWI, BAH etc.?
Old Jan 3, 23, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by sb1982 View Post

This was the second Ďmealí on LGW to MCO last year. I doubt itís changed much even with the CW catering changes that have recently occurred.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 3, 23, 4:51 pm

BA5 LHR >HND
Brewdog beer
smoked salmon
Beef main
cheese platter
full British breakfast

All very tasty

Old Jan 4, 23, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
This was the same menu for BA61 from LHR to MLE, so I won't repeat the menu pics, but here are some different items pictured (ricotta Mezzaluna and Apple Crumble). Lacked imagination that the two non meat items for dinner and breakfast both featured mushrooms!

Old Jan 4, 23, 1:43 am

Programs: Avios
That always annoys me! They do it with cauliflower too. I love cauliflower but hate mushrooms so it's always a bit of a gamble on BA for me.
FamilyOf6 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 23, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by astra19e View Post
That always annoys me! They do it with cauliflower too. I love cauliflower but hate mushrooms so it's always a bit of a gamble on BA for me.
Why is it that BA can't pre-publish the menus, as many other airlines do (even in Economy)? That way we can all make informed choices and as a result will feel happier about our flights! Right now I am still uncertain about what choices to make, as I don't know what is offered from Chennai back to LHR in World Traveller Plus, which is the next BA flight on the schedule. I know that's off this topic, but if anyone knows that would be really helpful.

Search this Thread