Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The moderator team is working with admin with the view of restoring the contents of this wiki.

In the meantime, and as a matter of course, we request that you kindly remove any photos from the posts you quote.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Anyone know what the current menu on the afternoon LHR-BOM flight is?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Originally Posted by aristoph
I had assumed that the return of full catering also meant pre-order in CW was back but it doesn't seem to be???
We've switched from SG to BA for our flights to/from SIN and from PE to CW. It seems that we've also switched from pre-order to choose on board. Not flying until April so hoping that it will reappear by then.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by aristoph
I had assumed that the return of full catering also meant pre-order in CW was back but it doesn't seem to be???
This was my question as well as we will be traveling in CS between AUS and LHR later this year.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to pre-order by this fall?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:24 pm

Big improvement in J catering

Originally Posted by MarcD
Another thumbs up for the beef tataki as posted upthread. Could have eaten several of them. Beef cheeks were good too.

Second meal ok, the starter rather similar to a CE cold meal, a bit heavy on the creme fraiche or whatever it is that appears quite frequently underneath BA salads given it appeared on the small salad pot on the first meal, and both courses on the second.

Only went as far as SIN so cannot comment on what was served on the SIN-SYD sector
The main menu was pretty much the same as for my LHR-YYZ flight last Monday. I must say that on my last couple of BA flights the J food has been very good and not to far off what was served in F a few months ago. Well done BA.
dddc, MarcD, Sealink and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 17, 2023 at 4:38 pm Reason: Removed quoted images
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
SIN to SYD at last

No idea what it will taste like Just given it!

Great crew LHR to SIN even if delayed by shortfall on catering
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I'm afraid your crews were either just incorrectly trained, or the flight was under-catered. As CIHY quoted from the Club World service routine:
Could there be a difference in service on the Gatwick flights? We usually get things a bit less of everything than Heathrow. Or if this is the standard I'm definitely going to ask for cheese and dessert next time just to see if they give it to me.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The service standards are the same.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jlemon
This was my question as well as we will be traveling in CS between AUS and LHR later this year.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to pre-order by this fall?
I know the plan was to reintroduce pre-ordering around now, but it does increase the workload for the catering and dispatch companies. Given the on-going labour shortages in this area - and nearly daily outages that result from thsi - I imagine it's been shelved for the time being.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Thank you CWS, I appreciate your answer, but I find myself unable to "like" it.

But you get my thanks

LcS
Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Thank you CWS, I appreciate your answer, but I find myself unable to "like" it.

But you get my thanks

LcS
And mine as well, sir!
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Is the Apple crumble hot or cold? I was told it was cold, in such a way that suggested I should avoid it.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I do think that the catering has improved, but I was not offered/given cheese and dessert either to JNB or from CPT. It’s nice to see what wine you’ll actually receive, rather than “our cellar selection”.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Update on SiN to SYD

The Prawn and basil Salmon was superb and we both had it plus the Mushroom Risotto. The risotto lacked visual appeal but tasted good.

Excellent, hence I started it before realised it was worth sharing!

The Bacon Ciabatta (bap) was also most enjoyable in the morning
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i recently sort of asked for soup and cheese out of curiosity if i'd be denied. but you can see below the soup came at the same time as the first starter. and well there were no club kitchen items in the cooler because of course the crew had to keep their foods cool? all confusing and rather lax service on a flight that was maybe 60% in club world.

the cod was delicious however.

Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
JNB/LHR 30 Dec BA54

This beef was on our outward flight and I didn’t like it at all. Really quite fatty.

Tomato soup very nice and hot. No wine for me tonight.

The bean stew which was nuclear hot but very nice indeed. My husband had beef of which one piece was just fat! He didn’t like it.

No main breakfast, just fruit, a croissant followed by a second croissant and two mugs of coffee. Very attentive lady as cabin crew. My nice neighbour who during conversation mentioned he travelled BA lots and was a GGL had a defective seat in J which was manually reclined for him after dinner. The lady took his details so obviously lots of Avios coming his way.
adrianlondon and Sealink like this.

Last edited by Shingi; Jan 31, 2023 at 1:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.