Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The moderator team is working with admin with the view of restoring the contents of this wiki.

In the meantime, and as a matter of course, we request that you kindly remove any photos from the posts you quote.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Wrong, you may like to quote this.

▪​ Complete​ meal order:​
o​ Starter​ (customers may wish to​
have​ both soup and a cold
appetiser)
o​ Main course
o​ Choice​ of still or​ sparkling water​
o​ Beverage​ preference​ to​
accompany meal​
Genius1, LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And before you ask.

If the​ customer​ would like​ dessert and
cheese, offer as separate​ courses​
▪​ Ask customer​ if they would like​ another​
beverage​ to​ accompany their​ dessert.
Genius1, LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Can I just check, did you have both the soup and the starter, and also the cheese as well as the pudding? Normally it's soup OR starter and cheese OR pudding so I just wonder how you managed to get all of these.
I have never been denied soup and starter, plus dessert and cheese in CW on BA.
stu1985 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Oh OK, I stand corrected. The menu seems to suggest that it's an Either Or situation, and I've never been offered both. I don't honestly think I could eat all that food in any case, but it is good to know that you can have both.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
If anyone is on MEX to LHR in coming weeks please share on here. Am flying in a few weeks time but usually go for tacos near the airport first. However am curious to see what the new service is like and might partake for the first time in 4 flights on the route
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by TTmex
If anyone is on MEX to LHR in coming weeks please share on here. Am flying in a few weeks time but usually go for tacos near the airport first. However am curious to see what the new service is like and might partake for the first time in 4 flights on the route
is the taco place you go to walking distance from T1? if so, mind sharing where you go? you can PM if you wish just so we do not side-rail the thread
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
is the taco place you go to walking distance from T1? if so, mind sharing where you go? you can PM if you wish just so we do not side-rail the thread
The places I go are probably 15 to 20 mins in a Uber depending on time of day (la cervecería del barrio or Flamita Ayuuk). However if you want something reachable, probably 25 mins walking but 5 in a ride, there is a Fonda Argentina nearby that does great tacos made from cuts of different steaks. Or you could try Taqueria El Charquito, also easily reached.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:22 am

Does anyone know what the menu choices might be on BA2237 Gatwick (London) to San Jose (Costa Rica)? Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Does anyone have any current LGW to the Caribbean menus? Just wondering what to expect on Saturday’s BA2205 to PUJ.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
LHR to SYD anyone?
please…..
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
BA2036 MCO to LGW 21/1

I won’t post the menu as it was the same as the outbound leg on 29/12 however this time I opted for the Vegetable Korma as an entree- a mistake I won’t repeat it’s not easy to singe rice but BA managed it to perfection on this trip!

I did fancy the broccoli and cheddar soup (which my husband declared very good) but it was appetiser or soup not both. Same with the cheese board - it is a dessert choice not an additional option. Same on the outbound flight , although it was largely the same crew so I guess that was to be expected.

no breakfast as I didn’t waken in time and no advance orders seem to be taken these days but my husband had the Turkey wrap (despite asking for the scrambled egg option) which apparently was very dry and “cardboard”.

not that great this time - I do find the single walnut and apricot rather amusing for some reason.

Burrata Salad

Vegetable Korma

Cheese board
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:10 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
I did fancy the broccoli and cheddar soup (which my husband declared very good) but it was appetiser or soup not both. Same with the cheese board - it is a dessert choice not an additional option. Same on the outbound flight , although it was largely the same crew so I guess that was to be expected.
I'm afraid your crews were either just incorrectly trained, or the flight was under-catered. As CIHY quoted from the Club World service routine:

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Wrong, you may like to quote this.
  • Complete​ meal order:
  • Starter​ (customers may wish to​ have​ both soup and a cold appetiser)
  • Main course
  • Choice​ of still or​ sparkling water​
  • Beverage​ preference​ to​ accompany meal​
Originally Posted by Can I help you
If the​ customer​ would like​ dessert and cheese, offer as separate​ courses​
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
as I said, it was consistent with the outbound flight so it’s either continual under catering (there were at least 4 empty seats in club both legs) or a crew who have decided on their own rules. I did ask, on both flights, and got the same response - “ it’s either or, not both”
Old Jan 27, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
BA15 LHR-SIN, 25 Jan

Another thumbs up for the beef tataki as posted upthread. Could have eaten several of them. Beef cheeks were good too.

Second meal ok, the starter rather similar to a CE cold meal, a bit heavy on the creme fraiche or whatever it is that appears quite frequently underneath BA salads given it appeared on the small salad pot on the first meal, and both courses on the second.

Only went as far as SIN so cannot comment on what was served on the SIN-SYD sector

Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
LHR to SYD

Thanks for this, much appreciated

Any takers for SIN to SYD

amlb
MarcD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.