Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The moderator team is working with admin with the view of restoring the contents of this wiki.

In the meantime, and as a matter of course, we request that you kindly remove any photos from the posts you quote.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So as a follow-up to my menu post upthread here’s a couple of photos.

My wife and I both had the soup and the beef cheeks and they were excellent. The soup could have been warmer but it was still good.

I got a bit excited and started to tuck in before I’d taken the photo, hence the reason the dauphinois potatoes have a cut in them.

The lunch service was exceptionally good. When I had my order taken I asked the crew working my side of the cabin if it might be possible to coordinate with his colleague (actually the IFM) working my wife’s side so we could - if at all possible - be served together. I have to say they did an excellent job and everything from the post-takeoff drinks and nuts run was choreographed so we were served together. It made a real difference to our on-board experience.

And then we came to the second meal service and the wheels came off in spectacular fashion. My wife was asleep so this only applies to me, but I had a different CC and she was terrible. She looked miserable as sin and was clearly in a bad mood. I was asked if I wanted to eat and so ordered the Ploughman’s and the chicken brochette. I was told there was no chicken. I said there was a chicken brochette on the menu. She then told me it was a cold chicken sandwich. I again reiterated that it was a chicken brochette. I overheard another member of crew telling the passenger in front of me that the chicken dishes hadn’t been placed in the ovens so it would be another 20 minutes before they were hot and able to be served. She then threw the rest of the crew under the bus and blamed those who’d been on their break for not having put the food in the oven and that it had been “hidden away” from her. My starter was then slammed down on my table and she stomped away muttering to herself. No drink was offered either.

I asked to speak to the IFM as I wasn’t going to put up with her attitude as it was both unnecessary and unprofessional. Apparently it was her first long haul flight in a long time and she was “flustered.”

After 20 minutes the brochette arrived, served by the CC who’d looked after me at lunch, and it was a bit meh to be honest. No photo as my mind was elsewhere by this point. The Ploughman’s was decent enough though:

What’s so frustrating about this flight is that we had the best service we’ve had in a long time and also the worst attitude from a solitary member of the crew that I can remember in a while. Pretty much all of the positives were negated by one “flustered” member of staff who, to be blunt, should have left her bad mood and unprofessional attitude at Heathrow.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Geordie405
So as a follow-up to my menu post upthread here’s a couple of photos.

My wife and I both had the soup and the beef cheeks and they were excellent. The soup could have been warmer but it was still good.

I got a bit excited and started to tuck in before I’d taken the photo, hence the reason the dauphinois potatoes have a cut in them.

The lunch service was exceptionally good. When I had my order taken I asked the crew working my side of the cabin if it might be possible to coordinate with his colleague (actually the IFM) working my wife’s side so we could - if at all possible - be served together. I have to say they did an excellent job and everything from the post-takeoff drinks and nuts run was choreographed so we were served together. It made a real difference to our on-board experience.

And then we came to the second meal service and the wheels came off in spectacular fashion. My wife was asleep so this only applies to me, but I had a different CC and she was terrible. She looked miserable as sin and was clearly in a bad mood. I was asked if I wanted to eat and so ordered the Ploughman’s and the chicken brochette. I was told there was no chicken. I said there was a chicken brochette on the menu. She then told me it was a cold chicken sandwich. I again reiterated that it was a chicken brochette. I overheard another member of crew telling the passenger in front of me that the chicken dishes hadn’t been placed in the ovens so it would be another 20 minutes before they were hot and able to be served. She then threw the rest of the crew under the bus and blamed those who’d been on their break for not having put the food in the oven and that it had been “hidden away” from her. My starter was then slammed down on my table and she stomped away muttering to herself. No drink was offered either.

I asked to speak to the IFM as I wasn’t going to put up with her attitude as it was both unnecessary and unprofessional. Apparently it was her first long haul flight in a long time and she was “flustered.”

After 20 minutes the brochette arrived, served by the CC who’d looked after me at lunch, and it was a bit meh to be honest. No photo as my mind was elsewhere by this point. The Ploughman’s was decent enough though:

What’s so frustrating about this flight is that we had the best service we’ve had in a long time and also the worst attitude from a solitary member of the crew that I can remember in a while. Pretty much all of the positives were negated by one “flustered” member of staff who, to be blunt, should have left her bad mood and unprofessional attitude at Heathrow.

That sounds just like a CC member I had long haul last year. Didn't know the menu or even where seats were. She even said she was flustered and having a bad day as she hadn't flown long haul much. I then got her as CC about 5 months later on a short LHR to GVA hop. Was equally glum that day
PETER01 and Geordie405 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:24 am

Does anyone have pictures of the menu and food for AUS to LHR?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
From the looks of the drinks menus here BA has yet to restore access to Cognac in CW. Has anyone seen it on offer of late? Any thoughts on when, if ever, it nay return?
Old Mar 2, 2023, 3:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
March CW catering - LHR to USA/Canada

Here are the March menus, starting with the menu for BA53, 67, 93, 173, 175, 185, 191, 193, 195, 207, 213, 217, 219, 223, 225, 253, 255, 295. The big change here is moving away from the beef dish, which was unusual here in being widely liked, to Welsh lamb after St. David's Day.

This is the menu for BA117, the early JFK service which has breakfast.

Then for the remaining BA USA / Canada services, which are later depatures and where it would really be too late to serve Afternoon Tea, they would get the Light Meal option from above instead. I would expect some combination of the above to also apply to other destinations in South and Central America. These menus are only for departing LHR, the inbound flights to LHR are locally catered by a number of suppliers, so there are greater variations.
CTV, MaxFlyer, Lapchien and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Here are the March menus, starting with the menu for BA53, 67, 93, 173, 175, 185, 191, 193, 195, 207, 213, 217, 219, 223, 225, 253, 255, 295. The big change here is moving away from the beef dish, which was unusual here in being widely liked, to Welsh lamb after St. David's Day.

This is the menu for BA117, the early JFK service which has breakfast.

Then for the remaining BA USA / Canada services, which are later depatures and where it would really be too late to serve Afternoon Tea, they would get the Light Meal option from above instead. I would expect some combination of the above to also apply to other destinations in South and Central America. These menus are only for departing LHR, the inbound flights to LHR are locally catered by a number of suppliers, so there are greater variations.
Thank you for publishing! Do you have any idea about the menus for the March Indian flights yet please? In particular BA135 and BA198; presume that it will be main and a light breakfast in one, tea in the other. Thank you. The Apricot Soufflé and Ginger creme caramel sound delicious. Thank you again
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Thank you for publishing! Do you have any idea about the menus for the March Indian flights yet please? In particular BA135 and BA198; presume that it will be main and a light breakfast in one, tea in the other. Thank you. The Apricot Soufflé and Ginger creme caramel sound delicious. Thank you again
India menus are different to the trans Atlantic routes, though the lamb may get on to their menus. Unfortunately I don't have the March menus at the moment, and only a tentative flight to Mumbai-Bombay later in the month.
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:32 am

India menus are different to the trans Atlantic routes, though the lamb may get on to their menus. Unfortunately I don't have the March menus at the moment, and only a tentative flight to Mumbai-Bombay later in the month.
Thank you! I am not flying til 12th so hopefully somebody will post something in the meantime. I presume lamb or chicken in some form of curried format but am definitely hoping for the apricot soufflé as a pud
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:33 am

Thank you! I am not flying til 12th so hopefully somebody will post something in the meantime. I presume lamb or chicken in some form of curried format but am definitely hoping for the apricot soufflé as a pud
Old Mar 3, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
CUN-LGW "The Full Mexican"

Instead of a "full English" breakfast the offering is "scrambled eggs, plaintain (sic), chorizo, grilled tomato, Costa Rican rice and beans.". The rice and beans made up 50% of a rather unpalatable dish.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Instead of a "full English" breakfast the offering is "scrambled eggs, plaintain (sic), chorizo, grilled tomato, Costa Rican rice and beans.". The rice and beans made up 50% of a rather unpalatable dish.
Crumbs that does sound rather heavy!
johnaalex likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Had the braised Welsh lamb yesterday. I usually choose lamb over beef and while it was okay but a bit bland I much prefer the braised beef cheeks I had been ordering on my TATL flights over the last 3 months
Old Mar 8, 2023, 4:38 am

I had the new menu coming to Washington this week.

Service on board this a380 was very good. The cabin crew serving us was friendly and efficient with our lunch service.

I had the aubergine and chickpea starter. It was something different and rather pleasant. It kind of felt like a take on mezze with the chickpea base. Good for dipping bread!

For the main, I went for the lamb. It was tasty albeit a bit plain. The dauphinois potatoes added the most flavour.

I skipped dessert but had some cheese and fruit. As shown below.

The second meal was afternoon tea. This was served 90 minutes before landing. It was just ok. It was a bit small. Similar size to a band 1 club Europe meal. The sandwiches were mostly cheese based. The macaroon was good but the matcha tea madeleines were a bit stale. The scone was fresh though!

Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405
Maybe the experts on here will let us know why this is happens, but I've always been confused why you'll receive a crew member introduction in J from the person who is going to look after your section, to build a rapport over a few hours, only to find you get a completely different crew member who doesn't know you at all or your preferences and you find you end up with an inferior service. This happens regularly.

On a flight back from AUS in November I had an amazing Austrian crew who went out her way to look after me at lunch, only to find the second meal service was handled by a temporary crew member who said she came from WT. Definitely wasn't as good and I mentioned it, only for my Austrian crew member to return and explain she was handling a different section of J (the larger cabin).

One other funny I find in J is that I ask for top-ups from any passing crew member and they nearly always oblige only for a lady to serve me and say 'I'm not actually in this section, I was on my way back up to economy to help there' 😁 To be fair, that kind of admission really impresses me as economy crew who walk from the front to the back of the plane must get stopped by others like me in J asking for top-ups!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyerandmedic
I had the new menu coming to Washington this week.

Service on board this a380 was very good. The cabin crew serving us was friendly and efficient with our lunch service.

I had the aubergine and chickpea starter. It was something different and rather pleasant. It kind of felt like a take on mezze with the chickpea base. Good for dipping bread!

For the main, I went for the lamb. It was tasty albeit a bit plain. The dauphinois potatoes added the most flavour.

I skipped dessert but had some cheese and fruit. As shown below.

The second meal was afternoon tea. This was served 90 minutes before landing. It was just ok. It was a bit small. Similar size to a band 1 club Europe meal. The sandwiches were mostly cheese based. The macaroon was good but the matcha tea madeleines were a bit stale. The scone was fresh though!
Great pics. Is that from a phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.