Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
See post 1 to understand the 3 and 4 letter codes.
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thomasd21
Did you get any offer of a rerouting from BA at all? Were you simply given a refund against your will? If so, then you can submit the claim for the expenses for the new flight (assuming you gave BA the chance to reroute you?). It might take a CEDR claim though. Thereís an EU261 thread on the forum you could look over
No offer of rerouting, simply contact amex gbt for a refund (corporate provider).

With the timing of BA flights to Bud on Thursday there was no chance to get there from GLA until midnight on Thursday and I had to be there by noon (was flying home Friday anyway).

Ended up booking one way with LH and then a separate BA booking on my original return flights for about £500 more.

Will put it in and see what happens...
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:42 pm

Any idea about BA818/819 (CPH) today?

Expertflyer not showing a reason, cancelled in the early hours though. Looks like our aircraft got pulled from the route and used for MUC instead at the same time in the afternoon.

​​​​​​Smells very operational to me, but I haven't heard their official line yet...

Rebooked onto SAS and will likely arrive 2.5 hours late - given less than 1500km this should be £220 in compensation I'd hope!
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Fernweh
Any insight as to why BA1492 to Glasgow has been cancelled? Just found out by chance after checking the app, having already checked into this flight earlier today. No notification from BA at all.

No staff on the ground. HDLY is the code, a common theme of late.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Soupey202
Hi, friends were supposed to be on BA479 from Barcelona to Heathrow today which was cancelled with a vague reason of operational issues which were beyond there control. Are you able to let me know what what the official reason was?
Many Thanks

Yet another HDLY as per most of the above over the past 24-48 hours. Insufficient staff.
Soupey202 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by just_starting
Any idea about BA818/819 (CPH) today?

Expertflyer not showing a reason, cancelled in the early hours though. Looks like our aircraft got pulled from the route and used for MUC instead at the same time in the afternoon.

​​​​​​Smells very operational to me, but I haven't heard their official line yet...

Rebooked onto SAS and will likely arrive 2.5 hours late - given less than 1500km this should be £220 in compensation I'd hope!

HDLY as per the others. In scope should you wish to claim.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
Just some more context to this, Ö.

There are (were ? My info is not right up to date) also rats infesting the tower building, so you might guess why some arenít keen on spending more time there than is strictly necessary.
Per Ratua ad Astra

Do you know if Pinnacle manage the facility? 😄
Heathrow Tower likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sigwx
No staff on the ground. HDLY is the code, a common theme of late.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. Called them up and managed to get booked onto BA1464 to EDI at 20:35, hopefully that one will run! Slightly nervous that the app isnít letting me check us in for that legÖ
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:57 pm

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Called them up and managed to get booked onto BA1464 to EDI at 20:35, hopefully that one will run! Slightly nervous that the app isnít letting me check us in for that legÖ
check you have a ticket number by requesting an email of your ticket/receipt from MMB or just by looking for it on the receipt. No ticket numer means transaction not complete, no travel until sorted. If youíve only just got off the phone give it an hour, otherwise call back.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:06 pm

check you have a ticket number by requesting an email of your ticket/receipt from MMB or just by looking for it on the receipt. No ticket numer means transaction not complete, no travel until sorted. If youíve only just got off the phone give it an hour, otherwise call back.
Ok thanks, hopefully Iíve just not given it enough time in that case. This is the message Iím getting:

ďSorry, Online Check-in is not available for this particular flight because you are unable to check-in for an earlier flight in your itinerary.To check in and receive your boarding passes, please try again later or proceed to the airport.Ē

The LHR-GLA flight is still showing on the booking as well as the LHR-EDI one, so that might be messing things up. Iíll try again a bit later and see if itís any better, otherwise Iíll give them another call in the morning (11pm here, need to get some sleep!).
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:07 pm

HDLY as per the others. In scope should you wish to claim.
Thanks - how did you find this out of interest? I thought I had all the information with Expertflyer...
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by just_starting
Thanks - how did you find this out of interest? I thought I had all the information with Expertflyer...
Info to that platform has been Ďthrottledí. Need to be staff to access now.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Anyone know the reason for BA 826 LHR-DUB getting cancelled? I was due on the 827 DUB-LHR which got cancelled as a result.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Anyone know the reason for BA 826 LHR-DUB getting cancelled? I was due on the 827 DUB-LHR which got cancelled as a result.

Same as above
RichieMc likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:20 pm

Ok thanks, hopefully Iíve just not given it enough time in that case. This is the message Iím getting:

ďSorry, Online Check-in is not available for this particular flight because you are unable to check-in for an earlier flight in your itinerary.To check in and receive your boarding passes, please try again later or proceed to the airport.Ē

The LHR-GLA flight is still showing on the booking as well as the LHR-EDI one, so that might be messing things up. Iíll try again a bit later and see if itís any better, otherwise Iíll give them another call in the morning (11pm here, need to get some sleep!).

Yes wait until the morning Iíd suggest
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
BA341 on 13/3

Hello, my BA341 (NCE-LHR) for tomorrow morning 13/3 and BA 834 onwards to Dublin were both just cancelled. Is this also a staffing problem, ie eligible for compensation? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by orbitmic; Mar 12, 2023 at 4:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.