Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
See post 1 to understand the 3 and 4 letter codes.
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Could someone please tell me the reasons for the cancellation today of BA 319 and BA 309, both CDG-LHR. Thanks.
Exactly as I've previously answered on this and the other threads. 319 TECY. The Jet was broken. 309 FCRY, one of the Pilots was broken, or simply lacking in their presence all together, most likely as a knock on from yesterday's weather. The reasons haven't changed from my previous replies.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by woobl
I'm trying to find the delay code on Expert Flyer for BA2619. Can someone point out to me where (if at all) it's shown on the flight comments? Thanks!

It isn't on there. The outbound LGW-SZG was delayed due to a lack of cabin crew. Your flight was a reactionary delay due to this.
woobl likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sigwx
It isn't on there. The outbound LGW-SZG was delayed due to a lack of cabin crew. Your flight was a reactionary delay due to this.
That was one of the reasons the captain gave over the PA during boarding. However, the other one was weather restrictions at LGW. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a clean way to get this across for EU261 without BA defaulting to weather...
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by woobl
That one of the reasons the captain gave over the PA during boarding. However, the other one was weather restrictions at LGW. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a clean way to get this across for EU261 without BA defaulting to weather...
It is listed internally as being due to the Cabin Crew issue so fear not. They can attempt to fob you off by telling you that due to a lack of unicorns for sale in Mogadishu, they regrettably had to delay the service and that the situation is completely out of their hands, but come a CEDR or MCOL hearing, they'll be paying out 'having looked at your claim again' etc etc as is so often described here.

You won't be able to see that internal information, but rest assured it is there. whilst there was indeed some ATC weather delay minutes logged, the overwhelming delay was due to CC staffing.
SW7London, woobl and thomasd21 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC gold
BA593, ZY and ZW, Can anyone give me some pointers on this? Definitely not going to argue on the matter of getting the compensation (as the delay was not over three hours), but I had to pay for an extortionary Uber from Heathrow T5 as everyone was making a booking at the same time after the last tube and train.

Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:47 am

BA1315 - 12 June 2023

Hi all,
At ABZ lounge awaiting BA1315 scheduled for 1835. Expected time keeps yo-yoing between 1900 and 2300!
Anybody know what's going on? Is it going to be cancelled? Staff here unsure.
Guessing 261 unlikely due to storms.
Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Likely storm related. Flights have been held for a while and it looks like northbound departures are still not going.

Flights have been unable to land due to thunderstorms around LHR too.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:04 am

Horrible storms in the vicinity of LHR. Look at the other thread for more detail (and FR24 for some weird holding patterns).
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Unlikely any comp due to storms right now around London

Good thread here for “why is my flight delayed / cancelled” queries FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
It does, look from the 31st floor in the City of London, that the storms are finally clearing over LHR.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by meowycrystal
BA593, ZY and ZW, Can anyone give me some pointers on this? Definitely not going to argue on the matter of getting the compensation (as the delay was not over three hours), but I had to pay for an extortionary Uber from Heathrow T5 as everyone was making a booking at the same time after the last tube and train.
Yes, have a look at post 1 in this thread. The Uber will normally be paid.
meowycrystal likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
No-one has mentioned the cancellation of BA1340 to JER this morning, cancelled after the fact when it arrived back at LHR after 2 aborted landing attempts under a cloudbase that stubbornly refused to lift enough. Back to LHR before the thunder happened.

A fun way to spend the morning. All credit to the crew in Y who brought the water and snacks round at least three times. And to the captain whose communication with passengers was exemplary.

I was using my Am Ex companion voucher for a cheap solo day trip (out first thing, a walk to the sea front, and back at 6 p.m. or so), so asked BA to rebook me for the same flights next Monday. Cross fingers for no fog, low cloud or thunder.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Could someone check the reason BA1495 was cancelled today Jun 13th.

Had colleague booked on it but was cancelled and they've now been rerouted to leave from Edinburgh tomorrow.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
BA 8751 (BHD-LCY) Wed 7 June

Hello
I wonder if someone might be able to tell me the reason for this flight being cancelled last week. It seems that the inbound the previous evening was also cancelled.
A colleague (who is not on FT!) was supposed to travel but was not told the reason for the cancellation (unsurprisingly).
Many thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
posted this elsewhere, but this appears the better location!
Can anyone share the reason for yesterday's delayed BA11 LHR-SIN (currently still sat on the ground at LHR awaiting departure). Crew time out and weather being the excuses yesterday, though other departures got away late in the evening yesterday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.