Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Door5L
The CAA website and ex-EU equivalent says that if you were checked in but then denied boarding, you essentially have the option of compensation or being rescheduled onto another service or rerouted. I understand the inconvenience but what are you looking to be compensated for exactly if you were moved to a different flight which you accepted.
From what I read in EU website, one may ask for the rerouting or direct compensation. If one choose to reroute, then the compensation will depends on when one finally lands at the destination.
As soon as you have chosen one of these three options, you no longer have rights in relation to the other two options. However, the airline may still have to provide compensation depending on the distance of your flight and the length of the delay past your original planned arrival time.
Since OP said to have landed the next day instead of the day of departure following rerouting, compensation will still be due as part of the overall trip delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.