BA Holiday question

Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA Holiday question

Good morning, my LHR/FNC flight out on 18th April,23 has been retimed from a very acceptable 1025 to 0800. When choosing the dates I had deliberately gone for a day with a later departure so this is very disappointing. We’re each celebrating a big birthday ending in 0 and we hate early morning get ups so it somewhat spoils the start of the holiday. I do see though that the flights on the following two days leave at great times. It’s a flight/hotel/car booking. My question is, is it worth phoning BAH to try and get the dates changed? Would they entertain such a request? Thank you.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Unlikely as it is only a couple of hours.

I wouldn't say 8am is that early given that it was already a mid morning flight.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I get how you feel but unfortunately it's not classed as a 'significant' change. No harm in phoning them but I very much doubt they will change it unless you paid a change fee (whatever that might be)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-and-condition

A change to your flight departure time(s) where the revised or substitute departure time is less than 12 hours difference to the departing time.

Of course even if you did change it to 'better' timings for a few days later BA could change the timings of your flight given its still 4 months away.
Shingi and RJD1983 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Thank you both, I guess we’ll just stick with it then. Should have gone for the Sofitel T5 instead of being a cheapie and going for a non- refundable room at the Premier Inn, Bath Road and Purple Parking bus in
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Shingi
Thank you both, I guess we’ll just stick with it then. Should have gone for the Sofitel T5 instead of being a cheapie and going for a non- refundable room at the Premier Inn, Bath Road and Purple Parking bus in
I think non refundable rooms can be moved to a future date....might be worth checking if you can for another trip and then book the sofitel for this one
Shingi and RJD1983 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Shingi
I stayed in the Bath road Premier inn and took the TFL bus and was door to door in 10 mins.
KeaneJohn and Shingi like this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
The TfL bus stop (Route 423) is right outside the Premier Inn on Bath Road
Shingi likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC SILVER
I was booked on same flight so rang BAH and all changed to 17th. Should add that the changed time of the return flight on 26th made my connection to NCL impossible. NCL to LHR flights booked separately with avios.
Shingi likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by verian
I was booked on same flight so rang BAH and all changed to 17th. Should add that the changed time of the return flight on 26th made my connection to NCL impossible. NCL to LHR flights booked separately with avios.
Thank you, I’ll give them a ring
Old Dec 17, 2022, 4:58 am
Original Poster

So, I waited no time at all on the phone. The agent was sympathetic, said that the club fare would be substantially higher if I switched to the day before and, as has been mentioned here more than once, could also be subject to a time change. Early rise then!
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I find myself in a similar situation, except that my flight changes were due to cancellations, resulting in 2 of my codeshare flights being downgraded from F to J as no F cabin on the replacement flights. There are other codeshare flights the same day that still have an F cabin. Should I be able to switch same day flights on a BA holiday booking to retain F?

Also, has anyone seen the price of their booking increase after making an additional payment over and above the initial deposit? My outstanding balance due later this month is about $550 more than what I was expecting it to be.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I find myself in a similar situation, except that my flight changes were due to cancellations, resulting in 2 of my codeshare flights being downgraded from F to J as no F cabin on the replacement flights. There are other codeshare flights the same day that still have an F cabin. Should I be able to switch same day flights on a BA holiday booking to retain F?

Also, has anyone seen the price of their booking increase after making an additional payment over and above the initial deposit? My outstanding balance due later this month is about $550 more than what I was expecting it to be.
Yes, call san ask to be swapped to the flights with F. There should be no issue , especially as they are the same day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.