Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas Items

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Christmas Items

Flying to MAD ( in 3 hours gulp) and planned to deliver some Xmas crackers and Xmas pudding with Hand Luggage only to avoid the interminable MAD bag delivery wait. I think that the crackers definitely are a no no after some research so will jettison, but does anyone have any recent experience of trying to bring a pudding though? Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
95% sure Xmas pudding would be classed as solid and OK! You could always buy one airside at F&M?
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
I can confirm that Christmas puddings are fine in hand luggage but do tell the scanners as they do indeed come up as small b.o.m.b.s. on the machine. The charming security agent was most impressed that I flagged it. Can also confirm that crackers are v not allowed and also none for sale airside - for the same reason one supposes.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Christmas Crackers must go in the hold, and ideally avoided. That's what all the fuss is about in security.

Christmas puddings - best left without Christmas wrapping paper on and either a tray on it's own, or the tray with your liquids in it, and away from handbaggage and electrical devices / wires / clocks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.