Wiki Posts
Search

Single booking multiple classes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2022, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Single booking multiple classes?

I’m trying to work out how to book a flight for six of us to the US on BA, with two seats in WT+ and four in WT. The wife and I will be in WT+ (can’t afford J for this trip), the “kids” in WT (the kids are now all 18+, yeah somehow we got old). Ideally I would want us all on one PNR so that in case of IRROPS we all get bumped together. Previously we’ve always all been on a single PNR and this has proven useful in difficult situations — however we’ve always been in the same travel class. Can this be done? If not then can I somehow have the bookings linked together? Or is this just not a thing?

Last edited by SimonsMiles; Nov 26, 2022 at 1:57 am
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No, you’ll need separate bookings and they can’t be linked.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, this is beyond normal ticketing optons, so you are going to end up with at least 2 PNRs. You can however call up and ask for a note to be added to both reservations referring to the other, in case of problems. It's unlikely to make much difference, since any discussions that arise will more easily clarify your family's arrangements. The other thing to consider is that you could be quite a good "block" of seats if all in WT, so for example the row 42 area on some 777s would allow you to have a whole middle and side section, which would mitigate some of the discomfort of flying WT.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No, you’ll need separate bookings and they can’t be linked.
The bookings can simply be annotated though to provide a "sort of" cross-reference, can't they? That said, I accept that may not be meaningful in all irrops scenarios, if its computers that start re-booking/routing things automatically...
SimonsMiles and orbitmic like this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Magic01273
The bookings can simply be annotated though to provide a "sort of" cross-reference, can't they? That said, I accept that may not be meaningful in all irrops scenarios, if its computers that start re-booking/routing things automatically...
They can inasmuch as a manual, not machine readable, note can be added to a free text field saying "connected passengers on PNR ABC123". The effectiveness of such a note is in the same order of magnitude as priority baggage tags.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Thanks folks, so I’m not missing anything, it just can’t be done. Well, off to book :-)
Old Nov 26, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
They can inasmuch as a manual, not machine readable, note can be added to a free text field saying "connected passengers on PNR ABC123". The effectiveness of such a note is in the same order of magnitude as priority baggage tags.
Actually, the existence of certain relevant remarks here does trigger certain additional actions by rev man robotics. Particularly Reaccom, which if it reads a TCP will force a rebooking on the same flight (or nothing at all) but won’t split the passengers.

And I know you just wanted to get baggage off your chest… but for the record BA has never claimed tags do anything. The bin detail is in the barcode, and is set by ticketed cabin only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.