Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

A380 seating for couples

A380 seating for couples

Old Nov 24, 22, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
A380 seating for couples

So, I know there's a massive thread on the A380 seating, but it would take me forever to really get the info out for those who travel as a pair in CW. I need to choose our seats for our flight.
  • 15A/B and 15J/K on the Main Deck are still available, and they obviously come with the advantage of not having to step over people's legs when the seats are flat. But I heard people complain about those seats being too close to the lavatories? Is it really that bad?
  • I prefer to be on the Upper Deck, but I guess some of the best seats are already taken up there. We might just go for seats upstairs and deal with the whole climbing over other people's legs as and when needed.
Thanks in advance! It is a bit of an odd set-up to be honest. Still remember waking up and seeing men wearing Middle Eastern thobes and women wearing skirts, trying to step over the legs of strangers! Was at times funnier than in-cabin entertainment.
Old Nov 24, 22, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think there's a reason there's a massive thread...

I'd always take the no climbing seats. On a day flight I don't mind the E/F downstairs
bafan likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
That massive thread to which you refer, also has a wiki with seat recommendations and you could search in that thread for similar questions (for example, - best couples - or something similar to yield some suggestions).
In any event, I usually avoid seats next to the loos due to the constant noise, slamming of doors, and people standing around waiting to access them.
Old Nov 24, 22, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
I'd always take the no climbing seats
Same here.
Old Nov 24, 22, 1:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

15A/K are my favourite seats which I accept is probably a view not shared by many. Ive sampled a myriad of CW seats on both decks and my conclusion is these seats offer unparalleled personal space plus the neighbouring seat is usually unoccupied thanks to BAs Theoretical Seating algorithm.

The proximity to the lavs isnt something thats ever bothered me
PETER01 likes this.

Search this Thread