BA Virgin

Old Nov 24, 22, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
mikeyfly

thinking about it, yes you're indeed right.

If you are flying BA from LAS , yes the club at T3 is full and pretty miserable.

I was thinking more about the centurion or the other priority pass lounge, also the club , at T1.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 4:41 pm

The teaspoons are the easiest souvenir. What else depends on the crew; if they are good then it’s difficult to take anything but if they’re sloppy then the world’s your oyster.

On a long flight where there are crew changes or only one on duty then the ability to pick up souvenirs is much greater even with a generally good crew. If that’s not the case, they are poor, then you could probably have a nice suite seat in your home to relax in.
Old Nov 25, 22, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
The teaspoons are the easiest souvenir. What else depends on the crew; if they are good then it’s difficult to take anything but if they’re sloppy then the world’s your oyster.

On a long flight where there are crew changes or only one on duty then the ability to pick up souvenirs is much greater even with a generally good crew. If that’s not the case, they are poor, then you could probably have a nice suite seat in your home to relax in.
Ha ha - I am hoping to get the captains hat!
Old Nov 25, 22, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
+1 to mikeyfly's comment - don't set your expectations high for the LAS lounge, last time I didn't even bother.
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:19 am

Programs: A mere babe on: BAEC, AAdvantage, Virgin Flying Club. An adolescent with: Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bavirgin View Post
Hello all – first time poster

Also we are planning on booking a global entry interview at LAS (I don’t know why we did not do it before!) and does anyone have any experience/advice for this?
I did my GE interview at LAS. I booked an appointment, showed up on time and still had to wait an hour to be seen. I can't confirm but I felt like interview upon arrivals were seen first. I'm not sure if this is normal but it was my experience. As another poster said, I would go with interview upon arrival as, from what I've read on FT, many seem happy with it.
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
That's my plan on Sunday, I'll feed back whether it's a nightmare or not if useful to others (!)

(enrolment on arrival for GE at LAS that is, not pinching teaspoons from the plane)
Old Nov 25, 22, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by atcodave View Post
Consider using the Enrolment on Arrival program rather than booking an interview, that’s what I did a month ago for my interview.
Enrolment on Arrival is definitely the process the OP needs to follow. When you arrive and pass through immigration at LAX there will be a couple of desks or a side office specifically dealing with Entry on Arrival interviews, look for the signs or ask the first CBP officer you see where to go.

You may need to queue a while, depending on how busy arrivals is and how many CBP officers are tasked with EoA interviews, when I did this at EWR in September I was waiting for a little over an hour though the line wasn’t particularly long. Partly this was because one of the 2 people doing the interviews went on a break and wasn’t replaced, and partly because one gentlemen in the line who presumably had an interesting travel history or personal background was quizzed for more than 30 minutes.

Ordinarily though, the interview is likely to involve nothing more than a repetition of the questions asked online when you start your application - an inconsistent answer may raise an eyebrow so try to remember what you put on the form!
Old Nov 25, 22, 8:28 am
A13

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
I’d have to disagree on LAS.
Agree. Flew back last week, Lounge was awful. BA and VS flights both at exactly the same time sharing the same lounge so was heaving.
F&B offering pretty poor, apart from the bar.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by A13 View Post
Agree. Flew back last week, Lounge was awful. BA and VS flights both at exactly the same time sharing the same lounge so was heaving.
F&B offering pretty poor, apart from the bar.
Couldn't agree more. Bar staff are always friendly, however I have a couple of beers and hang around the slots for a last chance to lose... I mean win
drwook likes this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
The LAS lounge at T3 as noted by other posters is best avoided. Awful when BA flies.

It wasn't much better when BA flew from T2 some years back, it was horrible then.

My advice is , if you have access , go to T1 for lounges, before your BA flight, if you have an amex plat or PP. Definitely worth the 5 min transit - all airside. Both those lounges are relatively good for USA.

Be careful on way back though from T1 to T3 to avoid 'exit' airside'.

After the transit, take the elevator to departures level and the gate is just a few minutes walk.

Search this Thread