FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Can't check-in/add contact info on BA flight tomorrow (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2101891-cant-check-add-contact-info-ba-flight-tomorrow.html)

bbriscoe34 Nov 24, 2022 2:54 am

Can't check-in/add contact info on BA flight tomorrow

I'm having a devil of a time checking in our family for the BA flight Black friday AMS-LHR-DEN. First it required "covid docs" which really just meant we had to confirm US citizenship then apparently wait a hour past the "you've been verified email" before the system actually updated. Now I've gotten wife checked in finally on her profile, but myself and kids are connected to my BA profile and I can't add the passport info to check any of us in. These tickets were booked thru AA, but have to checkin on BA and add passport info there even though it was already entered when I booked the tix on AA. Now it needs my passport and contact info added for myself and each of the kids (one has the same name as me) but each time I add that for any of the passengers it says error when updating contact info and won't let me proceed. What's up with the website?

I've been travelling my whole life and I'm not bad at this. Something is very squirrely with the site.

stifle Nov 24, 2022 3:34 am

Could be any of a number of things, including that the system doesn't like your COVID paperwork, you've uploaded it to the wrong system, the system has decided your passport needs physical inspection, you've been SSSSelected, or your ticket's invalid (least likely). Almost certainly, the airport will sort it out.

corporate-wage-slave Nov 24, 2022 3:40 am

Presumably you've used your EXP privileges to get seats all lined up. If so then allow an extra minute or two to check-in at AMS, most people are using this way to deal with the USA paperwork. You could have a look at the VeriFLY and SalesForce threads to check you've done all you need to do, and by all means use the direct SalesForce link purely for the LHR-DEN service. As mentioned in the thread, the MMB link doesn't work well with connections, you get one shot at it only, so it's better to use the direct link and get it right first time.

The other thing to try is checking in via the App or main website, depending on what you've used already.

It's really only a nuisance for those who are hand baggage only, since if checking in luggage it's pretty seamless.
https://digitalboarding.force.com/BA...ionEmbarque_BA

bbriscoe34 Nov 24, 2022 4:22 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34781614)
Presumably you've used your EXP privileges to get seats all lined up. If so then allow an extra minute or two to check-in at AMS, most people are using this way to deal with the USA paperwork. You could have a look at the VeriFLY and SalesForce threads to check you've done all you need to do, and by all means use the direct SalesForce link purely for the LHR-DEN service. As mentioned in the thread, the MMB link doesn't work well with connections, you get one shot at it only, so it's better to use the direct link and get it right first time.

The other thing to try is checking in via the App or main website, depending on what you've used already.

It's really only a nuisance for those who are hand baggage only, since if checking in luggage it's pretty seamless.
https://digitalboarding.force.com/BA...ionEmbarque_BA

No, we don’t have the seats sorted for the kids. Only for myself at time of booking and the wife when she was able to check in this morning. But the kids were under a different booking because they are in economy and want to have three seats together. BA would not let me pick their seats without paying since they are on a separate booking Will British assign this automatically since they are on the same booking?

corporate-wage-slave Nov 24, 2022 5:20 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34 (Post 34781659)
No, we don’t have the seats sorted for the kids. Only for myself at time of booking and the wife when she was able to check in this morning. But the kids were under a different booking because they are in economy and want to have three seats together. BA would not let me pick their seats without paying since they are on a separate booking Will British assign this automatically since they are on the same booking?

OK, well what you do next time is between 3 days and 2 days to departure (but no later) you call BA to sort out the children's seats (I presume they really are children, not 37 years old!) since that there is a requirement to keep children next to a parent or someone in loco parentis. Right now, assuming that you are 2 children and 1 adult, you need to resolve this as best you can at the airport, since once you are under OLCI deadline (24 hours) seats need to be assigned via the airport. If you are an EXP in the same cabin as the children then you can also use TCP to resolve this before travel, see the threads on TCP on how to do that.