FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Advice needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2101890-advice-needed.html)

Magnus77 Nov 24, 2022 2:47 am

Advice needed

BA have changed the aircraft type and removed First for May, June and July 2023. I have this in writing from BA on an email from revenue management via the executive club. However, I have asked them to re route me based on this. They have said they cant until revenue management cancel the flights, which they are not going to do until the summer schedule is published in March 2023. Even though BA website has already changed to reflect this. I can change but at my cost at the moment which seems ludicrous given what they are planning. When they cancel it will not only involve non direct flights, will also involve a stay overnight at the Sofitel and arrive home a day later than planned. I have a private transfer booked with a small company which may not be able to be changed at such short notice as I live nearly 200 miles from Heathrow. More inconvenience to me. I am basically at the behest of BA and being forced to wait 5 months before they cancel my flight. My question is does anybody have any ideas what I can do? I cannot cancel as I have onward flights on AA on a seperate booking and have a conference to attend
Thanks

erikh94 Nov 24, 2022 3:00 am

Two things.
(1) The aircraft change might be reverted since we are still 6 months away. Probably better to check this in a few weeks and not overthink it right now.
(2) This might be outrageous and unacceptable to you, but if the aircraft doesn't change back to one with F, have you considered accepting the downgrade to CW on the same flight and seek compensation for the difference? It would solve all of your collateral problems :)

Schwann Nov 24, 2022 3:05 am

Why would they cancel the flight if all they're doing is removing F from the route?

Surely if BA has removed F the least they could do is move to you a flight that does have it? Or do they not do that?

corporate-wage-slave Nov 24, 2022 3:15 am

Yes, I wouldn't worry about the delay, once your flight is cancelled then you have a lot more options than now, and I actually think it will be done well before March, since that's when the timetable is operational, not as it shows on the sales system. Patience is a virtue in this game, if not always in this forum.

Consequential losses are always at risk in this scenario, so it's best to book accordingly (in terms of things like semi-flex bookings) and/or insurance.

This is essentially an equipment rotation and I'm guessing CW is now Club Suites, so the gap between that and First is somewhat narrower. Different people have different appraches to this, but personally that would be OK for me as an alternative to First. I certainly would be reluctant to trade that off against a schlep around DFW to give one example of many. As yes, it could easily be changed again, I think we've seen some SFO cancellations where people got rebooked via LAX, the SFO direct First was then reinstated after a further equipment change, and those passengers could not move back. So again with your flights such a huge distance off I would do less rather than more.

Magnus77 Nov 24, 2022 11:05 am

I have flown the new club suites already. Yes a massive improvement on its predecessor. But at 6ft 3in, I find it a little cramped for my frame. For me personally I dont want to run that risk of the aircraft having old club world seats. So taking the downgrade isnt for me. Hopefully they change it sooner rather than later and I will just ride it out. I have my options already sorted for the diverson route. Not ideal but at least the extra tier points will be handy 🤣

marcopizzaiuolo Nov 24, 2022 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Magnus77 (Post 34782298)
I have flown the new club suites already. Yes a massive improvement on its predecessor. But at 6ft 3in, I find it a little cramped for my frame. For me personally I dont want to run that risk of the aircraft having old club world seats. So taking the downgrade isnt for me. Hopefully they change it sooner rather than later and I will just ride it out. I have my options already sorted for the diverson route. Not ideal but at least the extra tier points will be handy 🤣

I am 6 ft and I had two of my most uncomfortable business class of my life to and from LAX, but contrary to you, I would have actually appreciated a change to the old style CW with a window seat.

I really thing that the CS design is quite poor.

for example, Emirates business on the A380 also has a footwell but it allows the knee to be outside of it and move freely.

in CS, at 6ft my knee were directly crammed below the table tray, hitting it at every move, and consequently waking me up.. I had bruised knees for days…

Bluekjp Nov 24, 2022 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 34781576)
Why would they cancel the flight if all they're doing is removing F from the route?

Surely if BA has removed F the least they could do is move to you a flight that does have it? Or do they not do that?

The OP is referring to a cancellation of his/her unique F reservation in his/her own vendor locator. They don’t mean that BA are going to cancel the whole aircraft on that route on that day.