Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Advice required please re March flights to India and Indian visas

Advice required please re March flights to India and Indian visas

Old Nov 24, 22, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by fiona View Post

​​​​​​​Apologies! That is what our (so called) visa expert service via my company told me . Should have known to ask FT instead!
Old Nov 24, 22, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't have direct insight on this, but I would too expect e-visas to be restored fairly soon, the current situation isn't sustainable and is causing the High Commission in London all sorts of problems. The only thing about India is that getting the e-visa process actually switched on may take a few more weeks, there were a few hitches in this space when it was first rolled out.
CharlotteC, KARFA and sammyg901 like this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Appointment now booked for 9 January gggrrrhhhh! Hopefully the situation might change before then and that the flight prices down go up too much
Old Nov 25, 22, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold Marriott Lifetime Plat Hilton Diamond
Although slightly chaotic my partner and I attended Goswell Road on the 12 November and had our passports back with a 1 year tourist multiple entry visa on 18 November. (I had flights and hotel booked for 9 December, not realising weekday appointments were now into next year..)

https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page-li...sular-services

They have been doing Saturday appointments (usually loaded on late Monday/early Tuesday) at 4 locations for a while.

Some tips - check the online visa form, check again, then check again. Any errors - it’s rejected (I had DOB in place of birth location) and if you’re lucky (have your laptop and access to the nearby printing shop some 500 yards up the road) you might get a 2nd chance..

Also standard UK photos from a passport machine are not accepted - must be 2” by 2” (exactly)
Old Nov 25, 22, 3:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I had a very fortunate outcome the last time I applied for an Indian Visa as a UK national from within the US a few months ago. I had already booked flights and expected to make the pilgrimage to Atlanta to the consulate but they stopped taking appointments so it had to be done by mail but the lead time was several weeks. As the deadline approached I started calling the consulate and eventually got through to some bloke who just wanted to get rid of me but he gave me a mobile number. I called it and it just happened to be the number of the guy who had my application on his desk. There was some administrative problem but he agreed to approve it. My passport with a business visa arrived three days prior to departure. It was virtually impossible to get hold of the outsourced Visa processing company.

Search this Thread