Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A350 forward loo being blocked off by crew.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 forward loo being blocked off by crew.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I have never know cabin crew block a toilet out for themselves, they are well aware there at not enough.
Flythe96flag, Dicksbits and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:22 pm

sounds like some clarity and consistence required…
would put me off if it is indeed commonplace
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Or space planners whose brief it was to arrange the Club World Suites in such as way so as not to reduce the seat count too much. The end result leads to the inevitable deconstruction of galleys during service periods creating a cluttered and unsightly front of house environment during service periods.
Sad that an airline would spend $300m plus on what is (IMHO) the finest airliner in the skies today and then compromise the premium product in this way, especially as it affects the top spending frequent flyers in Row 1.
I trust they have been receiving appropriate feedback. As an aside, I just had an excellent flight on an MH A350 with no such issues.
jonr405 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Emirates, Hilton, Marriott, SPG
Both outbound and return LAS flight in late October, the front WC was “out of use” throughout.

definitely felt like a private crew facility outside of service times!
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Did the BA CEO not admit the layout of the A350 was causing a number of issues. (Could be wrong saying CEO)
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by whitespace
Both outbound and return LAS flight in late October, the front WC was “out of use” throughout.

definitely felt like a private crew facility outside of service times!
Same for us to SAN in Oct, a lot of crew movement and chat also on the night flight back. PHX in June had the loo open on the outbound. I'm now choosing seats further back in the cabin to cut down on the noise , not bothered if I don't get served early .
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:11 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
It's very simple to unlatch the door from the outside yourself. I have done that on a number of occasions when crew, having latched the door for take-off, simply forgot to unlatch it, and don't know why more people don't do the same. Of course, you need to sit where you can keep an eye on the door to make sure there is no one in there....
ExpatExp and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:42 am

Yes, BA have said they got the configuration of the A350 all wrong. Again a case of BA maximising seats and profit at the cost of all else.

In terms of the club issue BA removed a standard galley at door 2, so there isn’t nearly enough space to prepare service any more.

Same issues in economy too. Too many passengers and not enough galley space. Apparently crews hate working on the A350 for this reason.

If you Google ‘BA A350 galley issues’ there are articles with a few more details. (I can’t post links yet as I haven’t made enough posts)
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Is there not some issue with catering stowage on the 350 which makes it difficult for BA to roster it on the longest sectors requiring two full hot meals?

I just got off a Philippine Airlines A350 this morning and the layout is so much better. A full galley at doors two. And no forward toilet blocked off.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by 108912
Is there not some issue with catering stowage on the 350 which makes it difficult for BA to roster it on the longest sectors requiring two full hot meals?
I believe there was when the 350 first entered service, however, a number of changes were made to the catering plans which make this no longer an issue.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I've experienced the front toilets being blocked off many times. It's frustrating. Once a DYKWIA passenger just ignored crew and barged through to use them and I kind of don't blame him, there was quite a queue for the rear cabin toilets.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MFCC
I believe there was when the 350 first entered service, however, a number of changes were made to the catering plans which make this no longer an issue.
ha, yes. Knowing BA, I expect the ‘catering change’ was simply to downgrade the second meal…
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by bafan
ha, yes. Knowing BA, I expect the ‘catering change’ was simply to downgrade the second meal…
I believe you mean ‘enhance’…
jowlymonster and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I flew the A350 for the first time last week and I was in the smaller rear CW cabin (row 15) and it does explain why the toilets by me were so busy. What I had also not appreciated was the galley in front of me serves all of the WTP cabin as well. So for what is a rather nice small cabin it has a lot of activity. I was on a day flight so not really an issue but I suspect it could be on a night flight.

It was also my first time experiencing the Club Suite and I must say I was very impressed, the only minor gripe is that as I am relatively tall the headrest is quite low in the take off/landing position and I do not think it is adjustable.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by 108912

I just got off a Philippine Airlines A350 this morning and the layout is so much better. A full galley at doors two. And no forward toilet blocked off.
Yes when the A350 first entered service crew were told that the350 will never fly on routes which have two hot services. I think that promise lasted about six months.
There are no chilled stowages nor water source for hot drinks in the so called mid galley (which wasn't really called a galley to start with, just Club Kitchen). Fast forward to now it's treated like a galley without the equipment to be a galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.