Holiday finder broken?

Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Hello and welcome! Do please stick around fir the best information in BA that’s available.

The Rules are perfectly clear, and I have never had any problem in booking Flight+Hotel or Flight+Car. Howver, the current scenario is seriously weird, as you’ve noticed! Sadly I’ve not yet managed to get anyone at BA to take ownership of the problem … “It’s OK here” or “Contact our Sales people” … which completely ignores the fact that firstly I need to know where/when/how much!
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see the BA Holiday Finder has now disappeared from the menu on ba.com. I hope this is to repair/reconfigure, and not the permanent loss of a valuable facility.

Disregard ... fo some obscure reason BA had moved me to Italy, which thus negated the Holiday Finder option!! It's still blanked in CW for the whole of 2023, all Continents.!

Last edited by T8191; Nov 24, 2022 at 4:46 am
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:07 am

I have a feeling that something has changed - if I follow the menu path from the main BA site (UK- English ) Book -> Flight and Hotel there is a swish new landing page and I think a new search capability. Its certainly prettier than the other ones (although there are so many slightly different its hard to keep up)

It's still never heard of Nairobi, but when I put in other destinations I am seeing Black Friday Offer: 200 Saving incl. Book by 29 Nov
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, that's a bit better! Still needs me to declare dates and destination, though ... instead of allowing the Regional search the Holiday Finder gives. Looked at PUJ for Feb - 8k per person for a week! I'll pass on that and look later in the year!

Edit = Jun, 4k pp. That's better!

Last edited by T8191; Nov 24, 2022 at 5:44 am
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I have a solution! Ignore selecting the CW/CE option. Search you Region/Country in Eeekonomy. When you get the hotel listings, use the top bar to change Class, and anything else you need. It then works OK.

I haven’t gone to Payment/Deposit yet, but hope to do that over the next day or so. Black Friday sale offers are so meagre I’m not bothering about the sale ending! YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.