Heathrow security performance

Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ALL, IHG, Hilton H
Heathrow security performance

Apologies if not strictly BA exclusive, but on arrival you LHR today I noticed latest performance results, particularly for security. T5 is noticeable poor compared to other terminals.
My experience of connections security over recent months especially agrees with this
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And yet oddly my experiences at T3 over the last few months has consistently been worse than T5.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
And yet oddly my experiences at T3 over the last few months has consistently been worse than T5.
I'll be checking in there in a few hours.......let's see.
Currently showing less than 5 mins security wait
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
On Friday midday, coming through first wing, I thought for a moment that I was in terminal Three fast track it was so busy - there were two queues, both back to the turnstiles, as I refer to them. I went away, for half an hour to have a decent coffee downstairs, and when I came back the queues extended beyond the turnstiles 🙄🙈
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Usually takes 15-20 mins to get through T3 transfers for me, yesterday being no exception. Much the same if I use Fast Track.
Think the T5-T3 bus probably takes longer than the security queues.

The first wing took a good 15 mins last week with a load of people in front of me. Normally a minute or two tops.

LAX transfers took a good 10 mins or so for 4 people yesterday as the x-ray spent spent a while looking at all 4 or 5 trays.
That said, Global Entry took 10 secs. Facial scan, no printouts and a man with a tablet confirmed my name. Way better than at JFK with the world's slowest TSA personel.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by Ticket Fairy
I'll be checking in there in a few hours.......let's see.
Currently showing less than 5 mins security wait
How can you tell T3 security is < 5 minutes? Is there an online 'live' update somewhere?
If so, that would be really useful to help avoid the worst times. It was over 20 minutes and a nasty scrum in the main T3 queue 7am on the last Wednesday in October, last time I was there. The T3 fast track, pre Covid, used to be really good; recent reports less encouraging.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by littlefish
How can you tell T3 security is < 5 minutes? Is there an online 'live' update somewhere?
If so, that would be really useful to help avoid the worst times. It was over 20 minutes and a nasty scrum in the main T3 queue 7am on the last Wednesday in October, last time I was there. The T3 fast track, pre Covid, used to be really good; recent reports less encouraging.
It's dependent of who is sitting on the x-ray machine and whether people take things out their bags. Machines can break as well.
I've seen queues of 40 people take a minute, yet single figures take what seems like an eternity.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlefish
I'm looking at departures for a specific flight on website, scroll to bottom and it shows estimated security time. No idea if it's realistic.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by KARFA
I doubt the first wing is counted in the stats 😜

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.