Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Non-Alcoholic Drink Options in the First Lounge?

Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I am having a dry November (for health reasons) and was a tad surprised to see the limited drinks options in the First Lounge (other than water and soft drinks!). Visited a couple of times in November and only found Noughty Sparkling Wine NV and Heineken 0.0%. Are there usually other options or is this it? Normal service will be resumed in December but have one more visit this month...
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Most pseudo-alcohol alcohol-free drinks are full of sugar. The ones you quoted above are both quite low in sugar (especially the Heineken) so I'd say well done BA for stocking these.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
There's 0% ABV Tanqueray gin too. Not quite everything on the bar is on the online menu.

Obviously water, coffee, various teas, various carbonated soft drinks, a few juices. I'm not sure what they're missing other than maybe an alcohol free still wine or ale.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I did sober October for MacMillan and had 8 trips to the F lounge.

Plenty soft drinks, water, tea, coffee to pass the time. I'm even having a green tea right now to pace myself before flight home tonight.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:41 am

Ask for a glass of ice and tea. Works for me.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
For a moment I read the thread title as No alcoholic drink options in the First Lounge!!!!!!!!!!

😱😱😱😱

Im off to the pub to calm my nerves.

EDIT: Im sure one of the Barton cocktails is non-alcoholic. Ive always found those rather pleasant.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Seedlip would be a nice addition to the bar selection.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drwook
There's 0% ABV Tanqueray gin too.
I didnt realise that, thanks! Is this in the self serve bar area or do you need to ask for it?
ademanuele likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I didnt realise that, thanks! Is this in the self serve bar area or do you need to ask for it?
Out at self serve last few times I've been there, with the regular Tanq & the Tanq 10, virtually identical bottle so easily missed if not looking out for it.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
On a slight tangent I have to do gluten free for my husband who is coeliac. I find that the best recipes are those that never required gluten in the first place such as sponges made with almonds, eggs and no flour. Similarly, when we are doing dry January and Stoptober we much prefer drinks that never had alcohol at all. Zero% wine, gin and beer are less interesting than water with citrus slices and a good cordial in my book and a little artificial in taste. Obviously I really look forward to the real deal when we can!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: OWE - AA Plat Pro, Lifetime Plat, BA nobody (blue)
Remember the song:
starting with "I like a nice cup of tea in the morning", and ending with the immortal line "I like a nice cup of tea with my tea".
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by tjcxx
Remember the song:
starting with "I like a nice cup of tea in the morning", and ending with the immortal line "I like a nice cup of tea with my tea".
Me too!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:01 pm

There are also cans of non-alcoholic wine in the F lounge at the moment, but they’re well hidden. They don’t seem to be popular.
ademanuele and croomes like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:36 pm

They should stock something ala this. We’ve given up alcohol for a while (just too much in the end during covid) and find this to be a really credible alternative.

BL - Sparkling Tea
ademanuele, Lucanesque and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Confus
There are also cans of non-alcoholic wine in the F lounge at the moment, but theyre well hidden. They dont seem to be popular.
Perhaps if they were not hidden they migh be more popular
ademanuele and croomes like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.