Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Bassinet seat policy

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:09 am Reason: deleted
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes your expectations are wrong although I do think these seats could be released nearer to departure.
markle likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:20 am
Original Poster

deleted

Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think the logic behind this is that those with children under 2 years old tend not to make last minute bookings, so the 72 hour rule makes sense at that level and rarely causes a problem. I think if you take an AUP or a last minute POUG you do so knowing that you are unlikely to get the bassinet, though ExpertFlyer can help inform you. IRROPs, yes that's not part of the bargain really, there again IRROPs often means a lot of people are going to be outwith their preferred seating. Relocating passengers against their will due to other passengers' requests is a mug's game, see threads passim.
PETER01, markle and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:04 am
Original Poster

deleted

Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by markle
Obviously people can and do fly without bassinets, but I do think it's a bit more material than "I really want a window seat / 64K etc"
Put like that it's difficult to disagree, but often there are other factors such as the person has a tight connection and wants to get off fast to make it to the next plane / train etc. Some bassinets allow passengers to access the WC without disturbing other passengers and maybe that person has a health condition in this area. So at some stage you're applying value judgements which tends to shades of grey.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.