Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight delayed due to engine problems.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Are BA arguing that the engine failure itself wouldn’t have caused the delay to tip over the compensation timing threshold? As I understand it, the a portion the delays to the various causes and only if they believe that non-extraordinary circumstances have caused more than the threshold worth of delay do they pay out. I think it’s a difficult one as to the likelihood of success here, I suspect you may get a settlement figure eventually but standby for a further fight. Good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by flygirl68
United used to have London based cabin crew, not sure if they still do or not.
They certainly didn't have a spare pilot in my case.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:24 am

Just to check did you take any photographs of the engineers fixing the engine as you said you were sat over the wing.

In terms of a chronology can you show:

(a). You boarded on time, IE staff were already on board - this would negate the sickness issue.

(b) What time the Pilot first notified you of the engine issue, the sooner after boarding the more helpful this will be.

(c) Whether the pilot mentioned crew sickness as an issue

IMHO if you can show a time stamped picture of the engineers working it will greatly strengthen your case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.