Collecting Avios with Uber

Old Nov 17, 22, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Working for me on Android.

Interesting idea of a tie-up but a shame it is UK only as I mostly use Uber when abroad (has been a lifesaver several times when lost in a foreign city)
Old Nov 18, 22, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Major breakthrough this morning that may help others. Once app was updated and BA option appeared in settings, I still couldn't register and kept getting problem or details not recognised. Turns out that the system did not like me using my email address to register (this is what I use to log on to my BAEC account and rewards app) As soon as I tried using my membership number it went through without a problem!
Paren likes this.
Old Nov 18, 22, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Still stuck on Aeroplan. Blame Canada
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 18, 22, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by blurt91 View Post
Major breakthrough this morning that may help others. Once app was updated and BA option appeared in settings, I still couldn't register and kept getting problem or details not recognised. Turns out that the system did not like me using my email address to register (this is what I use to log on to my BAEC account and rewards app) As soon as I tried using my membership number it went through without a problem!
I haven't been able to link accounts as the app was out of date and I couldn't update it. Had an app update this morning and the BA link appears in my Uber settings. I DO log in with my email and it worked perfectly.
Old Nov 18, 22, 6:38 am

When I go to the page to enter my Executive Club number, the screen jitters up and down and I cannot do anything or get the keyboard to display.
Old Nov 18, 22, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
Still stuck on Aeroplan. Blame Canada
Yep, I'm having the exact same issue
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Nov 20, 22, 9:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Got my first 12 (count 'em!) points yesterday.

Still not got the 250 points for signing up though.
Old Nov 20, 22, 10:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Got my first 12 (count 'em!) points yesterday.
How long between travel and credit please? To solve the "I've got a zillion Avios expiring next week" questions.
Old Nov 20, 22, 1:28 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
How long between travel and credit please? To solve the "I've got a zillion Avios expiring next week" questions.
Under 24hrs in my case - possibly even same day (didn't check)
Old Nov 20, 22, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OWE
Originally Posted by eh220160 View Post
Under 24hrs in my case - possibly even same day (didn't check)
After finally getting the option to link my accounts on Thursday I used the app at 11am GMT today, to book a short UK train journey. Just checked my BA account at 1900 GMT and 10 Avios have been posted already.
Old Nov 20, 22, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Very interesting,so one can book a rail ticket and get theAvios quickly, even if the ticket is dated some way into the future ?
Old Nov 20, 22, 2:04 pm

Very interesting,so one can book a rail ticket and get theAvios quickly, even if the ticket is dated some way into the future ?
So this is something I find really annoying. It seems the Ďtransití option (which allows you to book rail fares) only appears when in the GPS location of a rail station. And saying that, so far it only seems to work for me around the London / M25 zone. As a result itís not practical to pre-book tickets.

I assumed Uber would be more expensive than the TrainLine app, but today proved it was the same. Sort the seemingly GPS issue and allow pre-booking and Iíd use them all the time as a result of this partnership.
Old Nov 20, 22, 2:30 pm

If you go to the Services icon at the bottom of the Home screen, then Travel you get to a selection panel. If you type say Tweed you get Tweedbank with a train icon next to it.
Old Nov 20, 22, 2:50 pm

If you go to the Services icon at the bottom of the Home screen, then Travel you get to a selection panel. If you type say Tweed you get Tweedbank with a train icon next to it.
Nope, I only have Home / Activity / Account. And Iím on the latest version.

Even when selecting a usual ride and changing the current location to a train station, even when swiping up for more travel options, train doesnít appear.
Old Nov 20, 22, 6:22 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by stevebintley View Post
So this is something I find really annoying. It seems the Ďtransití option (which allows you to book rail fares) only appears when in the GPS location of a rail station. And saying that, so far it only seems to work for me around the London / M25 zone. As a result itís not practical to pre-book tickets.

I assumed Uber would be more expensive than the TrainLine app, but today proved it was the same. Sort the seemingly GPS issue and allow pre-booking and Iíd use them all the time as a result of this partnership.
Originally Posted by stevebintley View Post
Nope, I only have Home / Activity / Account. And Iím on the latest version.

Even when selecting a usual ride and changing the current location to a train station, even when swiping up for more travel options, train doesnít appear.
I'm on the android app and have Home / Activity / Account buttons along the bottom. When Home is selected towards the top of the page it gives me four icons Ride, Food, Rent and Travel. Selecting the travel icon gives me the option to book train tickets in advance, though I haven't tried it yet. I have GPS turned off on my phone by default and only turn it on if I need it (e.g. for arranging an Uber pick up), so maybe that makes a difference.

As another data point I used Uber in two different cities early on Tuesday morning, and the avios arrived in my BA Exec Club account the same evening.

Search this Thread