Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Covid documents upload limbo - is doing it at the airport ok?

Covid documents upload limbo - is doing it at the airport ok?

Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:23 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 155
Covid documents upload limbo - is doing it at the airport ok?

Tried to upload my covid pass today. App errored partway through the process (laughably taking me to a Salesforce login screen!) and after repeated tries I'm stuck in limbo.
MMB says I need to provide the document, clicking through says the document is being verified and gives me a tracking number. Going to the tracking page says I need to supply my document (with no option to do so)... and this just repeats.

Assuming it doesn't sort itself out, can I just present a printout at check-in and they'll sort it? (Assuming the check-in computer isn't also confused)

I've dropped the tweeps a line, but no response yet.
jowlymonster is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:28 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 12,058
Where and when are you flying?

And yes, of course, you can always check in with print outs at the airport no bother.

Similar thread here few days back Covid Certificate in Booking
mikeyfly is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:51 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Where and when are you flying?

And yes, of course, you can always check in with print outs at the airport no bother.

Similar thread here few days back Covid Certificate in Booking
Thanks, will check that thread but sounds ok - flying to Nashville on Tuesday
jowlymonster is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:56 am
  #4  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 42,437
Try doing verifly - in fact I would always use that in preference to the salesforce link via MMB. But yes worse case scenario you can just present your docs at check in at the airport.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
KARFA is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:00 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 12,058
Originally Posted by jowlymonster
Thanks, will check that thread but sounds ok - flying to Nashville on Tuesday
In which case VeriFLY should be straightforward
mikeyfly is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:03 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Posts: 3,574
If you want to do it on a desktop make sure you use chrome. I had similar errors whenever I tried using safari.
LCY8737 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:32 pm
  #7  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 63,023
Yes clearly there must be something getting in the way here, this question has come up a few times. I also support using VeriFLY for the USA, and then Salesforce via the direct link, not the MMB link, particularly if connecting. Enter in only the BA flight that brings you to the USA, so LHR-BNA.

digitalboarding.force.com/

Lots more datapoints in the main Salesforce and VeriFLY threads. And yes you can just do it at the airport if you prefer. Note that questions in this area often get mixed up with passport / API queries and take any MMB / BA warnings with a pinch of salt. Nevertheless your passport must be scanned before any BA flight, and that can be done at the self service points all over T5 Departures and Flight Connectons.
KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:35 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: LHR / LAS
Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Posts: 2,406
Originally Posted by KARFA
Try doing verifly - in fact I would always use that in preference to the salesforce link via MMB. But yes worse case scenario you can just present your docs at check in at the airport.
we always use verifly as well (USA destinations) But also upload documents.

It most often works and then allows checkin on line with the BP.

Where it doesn't, at the airport a simple green on verifly, makes it easy to get a BP from an agent. No hassles finding forms etc.

So verifly is still worthwhile for the USA.
crazyarmadillo is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:50 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 155
Thanks all, I'd used verify back during covid, but not recently. Have reinstalled it and pushed everything through that as well, but sounds like the airport desk is fine if all else fails.
As an aside, my day job is doing Salesforce based software engineering, and knowing it's causing trouble doesn't surprise me!
jowlymonster is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:55 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes clearly there must be something getting in the way here, this question has come up a few times. I also support using VeriFLY for the USA, and then Salesforce via the direct link, not the MMB link, particularly if connecting. Enter in only the BA flight that brings you to the USA, so LHR-BNA.

digitalboarding.force.com/

Lots more datapoints in the main Salesforce and VeriFLY threads. And yes you can just do it at the airport if you prefer. Note that questions in this area often get mixed up with passport / API queries and take any MMB / BA warnings with a pinch of salt. Nevertheless your passport must be scanned before any BA flight, and that can be done at the self service points all over T5 Departures and Flight Connectons.
Also, this direct link let me upload the PDF, thanks!
jowlymonster is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:35 pm
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by jowlymonster
Thanks, will check that thread but sounds ok - flying to Nashville on Tuesday
Nobody at the airport will be the slightest bit interested in seeing if youve tested or been vaccinated.
Telegraph is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:49 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: LHR / LAS
Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Posts: 2,406
Originally Posted by Telegraph
Nobody at the airport will be the slightest bit interested in seeing if youve tested or been vaccinated.
I get asked every time I fly at LHR to the USA and I always fly with my partner who has dual nationality. You must have been lucky or I must be unlucky.

Edit to clarify,. For vaccine status
KARFA likes this.
crazyarmadillo is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:23 am
  #13  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by Telegraph
Nobody at the airport will be the slightest bit interested in seeing if you’ve tested or been vaccinated.
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I get asked every time I fly at LHR to the USA and I always fly with my partner who has dual nationality. You must have been lucky or I must be unlucky.

Edit to clarify,. For vaccine status
Ditto. On a recent ex-DUB flight, I went to the desk to get a doc check and paper boarding pass because my phone was low on charge - so at this point I'd got confirmations from Verifly and Salesforce, had managed to check in, and had a mobile boarding pass.

The agent still insisted on seeing my vaccination certificate, so my experience (and I can quote other examples) is that Telegraph's passage through airports is certainly atypical.
KARFA and crazyarmadillo like this.
NWIFlyer is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:11 am
  #14  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I get asked every time I fly at LHR to the USA and I always fly with my partner who has dual nationality. You must have been lucky or I must be unlucky.

Edit to clarify,. For vaccine status
Which airline? BA havent checked Covid docs since May.
Telegraph is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:00 am
  #15  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 42,437
Originally Posted by Telegraph
Which airline? BA haven’t checked Covid docs since May.
I appreciate you have your on experience - albeit it might be useful context to add how many times you have been to the US since May with BA and relied solely on in person check in - but others are having a different experience. I

I certainly do not think it would be prudent for anyone to not carrying their jab certificate when relying on in person check in as clearly some are being asked for it.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 7, 2022 at 3:05 am
KARFA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.