Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Complete failure by BAEC to credit AS TP to my account

Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club

I am utterly at my wits end with BAEC right now. I am short 260TP for 4 x Alaska Airlines flights taken in early Sep. I made booking through AS but used my BAEC number for the booking. Unsurprisingly the TP didn't credit, so I raised a request via the portal form for the TP in Mid sep. Nothing happened, so I wrote to the ec.documents email address and again requested credit on 23 Sep.

I got a single email from them on 27 Sep saying "can you confirm ticket class" which I replied to in full detail on the same day. Since then, there has been no update or response. I rang BAEC two weeks ago and was told "should be done within X days otherwise ring back on 4 Nov".

Today I called back to be told "oh we sent you an email asking for your ticket class on 19 October" which I checked and can confirm that no email was received by me then. I've been told that they've emailed the person handling the case, which seems pointless as no one seems to be doing anything and am otherwise stuck for options.

Can anyone advise are there any escalation options open to actually getting BAEC to credit the 260TP I need here - this is central to my keeping Gold as I'll hit 1125 if credited, and before anyone asks, no I don't have time or funds to do a 280TP run between now and 31 Dec. I'm absolutely fed up with BA and its incompetence on the AS TP credit issue - they seem completely unable to process claims, and I'm resigned to losing Gold because they cannot be bothered to do their jobs - surely someone needs to be held to account for this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You can relax about your status. Once it's sorted out, the points will credit for the days you actually flew which means you will hit your tier point threshold.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
All I can suggest is you start again and this time use the exact steps in post 142 from this thread, since that deals with the Booking Class visibility issue. I've checked it with a contact in BAEC, so I know I am on firm ground here.

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

I have put 8 claims through this (not all via the Priority email, it doesn't make much difference) and they have all been processed in 3 to 10 days.
HIDDY and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All I can suggest is you start again and this time use the exact steps in post 142 from this thread, since that deals with the Booking Class visibility issue. I've checked it with a contact in BAEC, so I know I am on firm ground here.

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

I have put 8 claims through this (not all via the Priority email, it doesn't make much difference) and they have all been processed in 3 to 10 days.
Thanks - I tried that and was told emphatically that it needed to be done online and they couldn't do it over the phone.

I've also used that ec.documents address and as noted, not had any success with it.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I've also used that ec.documents address and as noted, not had any success with it.
That's difficult to understand since if you had sent in both the e-ticket email and the suggested header with the Booking Class, then the BA question on the Booking Class really doesn't make sense?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:37 am
Original Poster

That's difficult to understand since if you had sent in both the e-ticket email and the suggested header with the Booking Class, then the BA question on the Booking Class really doesn't make sense?
Tell me about it - I've sent them all the information requested, I've sent screenshots of my ticket details, confirmation from AS I was on the flight (as didn't have screenshots of boarding pass) and the like and nothing has happened. Everything they've asked for I've given them, and they still haven't credited the flights.

I've followed the process and got nothing from them - it is incredibly frustrating.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:06 am

I think your options are to either start again and see if another agent processes your case. Or to keep ringing up every 4 days or so and ask for a progress report. Eventually you will get an agent who will get so fed up reading all the notes that each call causes that they will resolve it for you. Patience will get you there in the end.
jimlad48 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Ive done all of the things kindly outlined by CWS in post 142, to no avail. I have put in a formal complaint to BA but have also heard crickets. With the changes to Avios earning on BA metal next year, I am considering changing where I credit anyway, as BA have disappointed me in the air and on the ground this year.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks corporate-wage-slave - I am really grateful for your insight and help - you're a true knight of the skies!

Fingers crossed it resolves.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:57 am

I guess the other thing that people could do here is after 8 weeks from first submission, launch a complaint with CEDR about BAEC treating you unfairly by not crediting AS flights in a timely way and not providing the online service as mentioned on the website. If a few such cases went through then I suspect something would be done.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by jimlad48
Thanks - I tried that and was told emphatically that it needed to be done online and they couldn't do it over the phone.
Totally incorrect, in fact reality is that phone is what sorts it out. Just hang up and call again. It will work. Its never failed me in multiple AS claims Ive had to make this year, including two just last month that were credited within 4 days of calling them.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I think your options are to either start again and see if another agent processes your case. Or to keep ringing up every 4 days or so and ask for a progress report. Eventually you will get an agent who will get so fed up reading all the notes that each call causes that they will resolve it for you. Patience will get you there in the end.
It's more than a little sad (and pathetic) that the only way to get BA drones to do something involves a contest to see who can be browbeaten into submission first

Quite frankly (and I've had some wine so feeling 'punchy') I'd probably be spamming Sean Doyle's email address by now if I had experienced the kind of 'non-response' response suffered by the OP!
bzado likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had this experience in June, where AS flights weren't credited for about 3 months! I was made to go round in circles, even at one point told to fax!

Just flew AS recently, and the TP's were credited about 2 days later!
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I submitted a claim on 17th October for flights taken on 8th and 9th October and I have yet to hear anything back. I'm going to give them another week and then will be following up. However, it's incredibly frustrating to have to continually submit manual claims for something that should happen automatically behind the scenes. For my wife the missing 80 points are the difference between earning a GUF2 or not. Now, like status, I know this will be sorted out in the end. We're both Gold so the delay in posting doesn't really impact us. That said, I can imagine that for those who are on the cusp of a higher tier and who can't benefit from it due to the delay in tier points being credited it would cause significant angst.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:10 pm
Suspended

This year, I have been credited TPs and Avios from AS flights into my BAEC account exactly one time without calling them, and that was an AS flight ticketed with my BA flights by BA for a flight taken on September 15th. Every other AS flight, all of which have been ticketed by AS using my BAEC #, have failed to post credit. I ultimately did get credit from BA, but not once did I get credit without ultimately calling the BAEC and raising the issue. Like others, I also tried initiating claims a couple of times using email addresses BAEC representatives gave me on the phone ([email protected] and [email protected] ) and not once did I get a response to those emails, unless the agent on the phone first initiated the claim and I was later instructed to email pictures of boarding passes or ticket receipts to support those claims made first on the phone.

So I do agree that the only thing that seems to work reliably is to call the BAEC and initiate the claim with a live human being on the phone. This is easier, of course, if you have status and a dedicated phone number that is likely to be answered before the next total solar eclipse.

My suggestions to avoid these problems and/or better deal with them are the same I have made previously.

(1) if possible, get those AS flights ticketed by BA on BA ticket stock, which can happen if the AS flight is getting you to a BA gateway as part of a longer trip;

(2) Always save your boarding passes if you don't have images of them, and if using mobile boarding passes then take a screenshot or download from an Apple Wallet (if using an iPhone) so that you have proof;

(3) Save your email confirmations when buying tickets from Alaska and preferably make a pdf of them and save them somewhere that you can find them later, when the inevitable claim needs to be made.
AirbusA350 likes this.

Last edited by Flyertalker001342; Nov 4, 2022 at 4:16 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.