Wiki Posts
Search

Avios award inconsistency

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Avios award inconsistency

Travelling from DOH to HKT on Qatar, mrs firstlight got 8k avios travelling on a BA codeshare, I got 4k for the same flight but for the QR flight code. This is for the same booking reference on a BA holiday, both of us are on I class tickets and she was sat behind me. While the TPs were correct and obviously I will complain, just a reminder for people to watch out for how many avios they are being awarded.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by firstlight
Travelling from DOH to HKT on Qatar, mrs firstlight got 8k avios travelling on a BA codeshare, I got 4k for the same flight but for the QR flight code. This is for the same booking reference on a BA holiday, both of us are on I class tickets and she was sat behind me. While the TPs were correct and obviously I will complain, just a reminder for people to watch out for how many avios they are being awarded.
That sounds about right to me. The marketing airline can make a difference and she will earn more as a gold on a BA codeshare due to the status uplift.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
That sounds about right to me. The marketing airline can make a difference and she will earn more as a gold on a BA codeshare due to the status uplift.
On the same PNR both travellers should be either on the prime or the codeshare (same flights and booking classes is one of the requirements for multiple tickets on the same PNR).
So there must something off here.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Same happened to me (we flew 30/10). Boarding passes clearly state “sold as BAxxx” but credited as the QR flight numbers and low Avios amount (no difference between mine as gold and the OH as silver). Also not counted as eligible flights, despite the BA code and 125 ticket. Have raised it with the EC, not sure how long they’ll take to answer…
firstlight likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
...just watch your account for a couple of days - the error could be in your favour
firstlight likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:34 am
Original Poster

... We are both ggl so there's a mistake somewhere...
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You misunderstood me or I didn't explain myself very well. There's no GGL bump for Avios, just Gold so for the purposes of the Avios calculations you are both treated as Gold. If one of you was on a QR code and the other on a BA code, the BA code would generate the higher level due to the Gold bonus on BA. The confusing thing - as pointed out above - is that if you're both on the same booking it shouldn't be possible for you to have differently coded flight numbers.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
DOH-HKT for a GGL or gold

On BA codeshare for R/I class - 8,233 avios
On QR flight number for R/I class - 4,116 avios

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Cymro, TTmex, firstlight and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:44 am
Original Poster

You misunderstood me or I didn't explain myself very well. There's no GGL bump for Avios, just Gold so for the purposes of the Avios calculations you are both treated as Gold. If one of you was on a QR code and the other on a BA code, the BA code would generate the higher level due to the Gold bonus on BA. The confusing thing - as pointed out above - is that if you're both on the same booking it shouldn't be possible for you to have differently coded flight numbers.
indeed it should not be possible and yes i understand ggl and gold get the same avios. One to sort out when we get home....
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
How long since you flew? If very recent would keep quiet for a few more days as this happened to me on the exact same BAH itinerary. Flights posted as QR-coded with full TPs and Avios as per the calculator tables for QR, then a day or so later it posted again as a BA codeshare flight with additional TPs and Avios equating to the calculator for BA flights.

Net result I blew past not just the reduced threshold of 1125 TPs for Gold before 31/12 but the regular 1500 TP threshold in a single round trip!
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
How long since you flew? If very recent would keep quiet for a few more days as this happened to me on the exact same BAH itinerary. Flights posted as QR-coded with full TPs and Avios as per the calculator tables for QR, then a day or so later it posted again as a BA codeshare flight with additional TPs and Avios equating to the calculator for BA flights.

Net result I blew past not just the reduced threshold of 1125 TPs for Gold before 31/12 but the regular 1500 TP threshold in a single round trip!
flew on 30/10. Standard reply from CS “your flights have already posted TP and Avios” clearly did not read what I actually wrote. Will see what happens in the next few days. Did you also get a double BA hols bonus?!?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Duplicate, deleted
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tdgraves
flew on 30/10. Standard reply from CS “your flights have already posted TP and Avios” clearly did not read what I actually wrote. Will see what happens in the next few days. Did you also get a double BA hols bonus?!?
Still halfway through the trip so would not expect the double tp to post until my return. Still need to accumulate approx 1400 to retain ggl but this quantity is all scheduled in within the next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.