Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

fixation of BA switching flights flown by G-EUPJ

fixation of BA switching flights flown by G-EUPJ

Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question fixation of BA switching flights flown by G-EUPJ

this aircraft has flown the sectors detailed on flightradar24 up until its inbound flight from Brussels. Was scheduled for BA1338 to Newcastle and then late in the day switched to BA444 to AMS. Both flights have overnights at the destination. his is the only retro liveried aircraft left yet it seems impossible to book due to constant switching. Tomorrow was listed for both Luxembourg & Zurich .Zurich won out.??
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Let me get this straight. Are you trying to book a flight on this actual aircraft (regardless of where it's going) and finding it difficult?

Is this @KARFA in disguise?
mikeyfly and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by golfmad
Let me get this straight. Are you trying to book a flight on this actual aircraft (regardless of where it's going) and finding it difficult?

Is this @KARFA in disguise?
Yes I am trying to book on this aircraft but not regardless of where it is going.. I am not KARFA in disguise. I just wish when flightradar displays schedule BA sticks to it. What is the difference between overnightng in NCL to AMS?. It just sems that BA scheduling seems to love changing the destination at the last minute.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by col747uk
Yes I am trying to book on this aircraft but not regardless of where it is going.. I am not KARFA in disguise. I just wish when flightradar displays schedule BA sticks to it. What is the difference between overnightng in NCL to AMS?. It just sems that BA scheduling seems to love changing the destination at the last minute.
There can be many reasons as to why a swap is necessary. And relying on a third party website for a confirmed schedule is a bit naive at best.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by col747uk
It just sems that BA scheduling seems to love changing the destination at the last minute.
So what? BA will do what's best for BA and 99.99999999999% recurring of people won't care about it. Come to think of it, why do you care?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:17 pm

Flying on the historic livery, I guess!? Which I kind of get. I was lucky enough to fly in 2 of the 3 747s that had historic livery back in 2018ish. Was a novelty!
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by sdmr
Flying on the historic livery, I guess!? Which I kind of get. I was lucky enough to fly in 2 of the 3 747s that had historic livery back in 2018ish. Was a novelty!
Is it not easier to enjoy the livery from the outside than from the inside?
jayjaygee, Misco60 and Deckter like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:00 pm

All shorthaul aircraft get moved around as often as EUPJ, it’s just no one normally cares or even notices because there’s nothing special about them.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
It might not make sense to everyone, but I can understand why someone would want to fly on a special aircraft. I'm sure there is a post on the fleet status thread that this particular aircraft may be retired soon so hopefully plans will work out for the OP. Best of luck.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
It does seem to get around a fair bit:

https://speedbird.online/aircraft_detail.php?reg=G-EUPJ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.