Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No CE catering loaded on short haul flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No CE catering loaded on short haul flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Had the breakfast on BA 1435 on the 27th got to say you didn’t miss much. I had the very overcooked poached eggs, always like to try something different, on this occasion a big mistake . Mrs B had the miniature full English it was okay but a sad reflection size wise on the state of BA domestic catering.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Occasionally a BA Airport Manager will dash out for some boxes of water and snacks but usually they only find out when it's too late to get something organised.
No BA Airport Managers left to do that !
RJD1983, masmadrid and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by KARFA
If no catering is loaded at LHR, then yes nothing for the return next day.
EDI is a huge issue as the flight kitchen has not been operational for a long while. Unless the food is round-tripped from LHR the night before or trucked in from GLA....

I know it's not meeting expectations but would rather just grab something from PRET in the terminal.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 4:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I know it's not meeting expectations but would rather just grab something from PRET in the terminal.
And 5 Avios per £ spent until 22 December! [Need to register your payment card on BAEC for this]
MaxFlyer and IAMORGAN like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
For my BHD flight yesterday morning (BA1414) the catering was still being frantically loaded, late into passengers boarding which I've not seen in a long while!
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:29 am
formerly JackDann

No food or drink on todays flight

Flying CE - Wonder what compensation i’ll be offered (if any) once I make a complaint. I know this is happening alot atm anyone else got recent experience?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by JD1905
Flying CE - Wonder what compensation i’ll be offered (if any) once I make a complaint. I know this is happening alot atm anyone else got recent experience?
I had this flying back from PFO, which is a long flight. Was given 60,000 Avios! That was in 2018. The flight was loaded with food, but they'd upgraded people from economy to CE and families get food priority (even over proper paying CE!), so I was one of two people without food on the flight.

I don't think it's happening a lot though. I've not seen a single other thread where someone has said they had nothing to eat or drink in CE?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
The flight was loaded with food, but they'd upgraded people from economy to CE and families get food priority (even over proper paying CE!), so I was one of two people without food on the flight.
Please tell me that this is not BA policy.
wrp96 and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JTXC
Please tell me that this is not BA policy.
Upgrades are policy, normally those upgraded would be at the bottom of the list for food, but on the day the then CM may have made that call. We're talking about a sub 1% event, so I wouldn't dwell on it.

This thread has been rebadged and my guess is that the idea here is to focus on events from 28 October 2022 onwards, where the reintroduction of CW catering has coincided with a shortage of DHL drivers.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I booked my folks in CE to FRA later today and I've just had a note saying that there's no food. They're already airside in the lounge I think they'll load up there instead of getting a voucher. I might email CS later see if I get some Avios back.
JD1905 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:27 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by alex67500
I booked my folks in CE to FRA later today and I've just had a note saying that there's no food. They're already airside in the lounge I think they'll load up there instead of getting a voucher. I might email CS later see if I get some Avios back.
Was offered £20pp voucher to spend but had a few issues getting it issued so didn’t bother. I’ll take the difference between economy and CE as suitable compensation.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Useful thread I just booked a CE domestic return but I've thought the better of it and cancelled/rebooked in economy. It might be sorted out by my dates but for such short flights with status the business incremental value was meagre already.

To add to the discussion I had my first onboard upgrade this summer (domestic) and they went to lengths to let everyone else in the cabin know I would be the last to be served for food. With all the hassle in moving my bag from the exit row it was definitely a reminder to not accept this move again. I think the crew meant well in everything they were trying to do, just very green.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
I recall the strike at Do and Co's predecessor -- Gate gourmet, maybe ? There were signs in the lounge telling you to take what you like for the flight, and sandwiches, beer, crisps, water, etc., arrayed on a table to make it easy. (I'm thinking the old T1 gate 5 lounge.)

So much for the other thread recently about taking things from the lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi
Thanks for that

Hopefully have time at lhr for the Galleries first food as I have a 90min connection to budapest.

Regards

Tbs
check in did not give me a voucher ( and just remembered as I was walking to security) but the lounge agent printed one out for £10

Just got to figure out where to spend it as it is not specified

Christmas decorations are already up at duty free after security
went to the cafe Nero towards the high gate numbers as the one beside the lounge was packed.
got 2 croissants a bottle of water and a bottle of oj for £9.10 and the staff threw inn 2 small chocolates to round it to £10
£10 is a bit stingy. You'd struggle to get breakfast at a Peckham greasy spoon for that, let alone in Heathrow. Should be double that, at least.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
CDG-LHR last month no catering, received 10,000 Avios service recovery. Drinks from bar were available but no champagne as all consumed on outbound!
Resolution and JD1905 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.