Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Christmas Drinks : Friday 16 December 2022

Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

It is the FT pre-Christmas drinks in London, back again. Like previous pre-Christmas drinks this will basically be a venue, date, and time. We are going for the evening of Friday 16 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions and elsewhere to come down.

Start will be at 6pm, but come whenever you like during the evening. Just turn up when you can, there will be people partying until closing!

This is the same place we had last year, a relatively new new venue for us near Woolwich Arsenal - zone 4 and south of the river so make sure your travel insurance is up to date! It is already booked thanks to teledude and we should have an area to ourselves. We should be getting a free glass of something bubbly as well included. Good news is it is right next to the new crossrail Woolwich station - so actually more convenient this year. See the wiki for more details.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night.

It really would be great to see as many people as possible. Whether you are an old familiar face, or a first timer, you will be warmly welcomed
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:46 pm

Count me in!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Hopefully should be good for coming :-)
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:52 pm

Damn, beyond the 24 hour cancellation window for flights a few days later Will have to look at options but might make it!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
Darn, I'm scheduled to be in town on the 23rd. Will try again next year. Thanks for the efforts Karfa.

If anyone else is on the EC82 into Munich on the 16th we can be the satellite meet up.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Some
Sadly will be missing this for the second year in a row despite the new venue finally being just down the DLR from me!

I arrive in Thailand the afternoon of the 16th, so if anyone fancies a satellite FT Christmas drinks in Bangkok, let me know.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I was thinking to be there this year, but alas I'll be just transiting in the morning
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:08 pm

Id love to meet my FT Friends

Please count me in. 🧑‍🎄
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Gallus1
Please count me in. 🧑‍🎄
Quoting my own message 🤣
can you advise hotels nearby please as Im not familiar with the area.
thank you x
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Is it safe to venture down to Zone 4?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Is it safe to venture down to Zone 4?
yes if you have been fully vaccinated with the SoTRiP* vaccine.

* South of The River Protection
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I'd love to go but sadly work every Saturday in Dorset.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Im a maybe, dependant on how hungover i am from work Xmas party and my birthday the night before.

saving grace is that the Lizzie Line should be connected by then, all the way from my place in Maidenhead down to Woolwich🤞
Old Oct 30, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I am a definite and my Hubby a possible. Grreat venue as we have just moved to London City Island by Canning Town...
angeloedades and GadgetGal like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
I'd love to make this too but am in London the previous two Fridays already and have NL commitments on 16 December :-( If anything changes I'll be there tho

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.