Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 30, 22, 4:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Click here to jump to the December menu. This may take a few seconds to refresh.
28 October / November menu is post 1.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 27, 22, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Any views of the Middle East menu - off to Dubai next week?
Old Oct 27, 22, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Ugh that menu looks dreadful.

Let's hope dfw-lhr menu is better than lhr outbound.

I'm flying the 388 to and fro DFW-LHR. BA doesn't do courses? They slop it all on one tray?
Old Oct 27, 22, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They do from the 28th October.
Old Oct 27, 22, 11:16 am

I actually like the look of the menu... Does that make me woke?!

Thanks for posting CWS.
greg5, stephenjc and Donsyb like this.
Old Oct 27, 22, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ttama View Post
I personally believe it's time that airlines looked at the major allergens rather than trying to appease those with militant preferences.

I don't mind innovation, and quite honestly I eat vegetarian/vegan a lot of the time (despite my rant). I'd be more than happy to eat a falafel/hummous wrap for example, as long as it was well-flavoured,. One of my favourite sandwiches to buy when I was commuting was a lovely vinegary carrot and hummous sandwich. So I guess, as usual, it's all down to individual taste and also down to how it's prepared.

Trying to feel hopeful ......
BA can't please all of the people all of the time but they can focus on quality and flavour (as you suggest). Qatar Airways, for example, offer an Arabic mezze that zings with flavour and looks superb. Many people enjoy food that does not contain meat, as your somewhat "militant" 😁 preferences indicate.

Those that wish for seafood, meat and poultry options (the majority) should have a menu that reflects this. Adding vegetarian choices should be part of expanding the menu to reflect shifts in eating trends.
Old Oct 27, 22, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Doing the rounds on social media

Old Oct 27, 22, 11:34 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Will LGW long haul CW also resume to full dining tomorrow?
Old Oct 27, 22, 11:37 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by VictorSierra View Post
I actually like the look of the menu... Does that make me woke?!

Thanks for posting CWS.
There are words I would use to describe the menu, woke definitely isnt one of them.
orbitmic, mikeyfly and Donsyb like this.
Old Oct 27, 22, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Brasserie-style dining ?

Do they just mean courses served individually, restaurant style ? If so, presumably its brasserie for CW, to differentiate from restaurant-style in First?
Old Oct 27, 22, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by nomadabroad View Post
Will LGW long haul CW also resume to full dining tomorrow?
Yes they are.
Old Oct 27, 22, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Bronze (how did that happen? Lost track of the others
Originally Posted by AnaTravel View Post
BA can't please all of the people all of the time but they can focus on quality and flavour (as you suggest). Qatar Airways, for example, offer an Arabic mezze that zings with flavour and looks superb. Many people enjoy food that does not contain meat, as your somewhat "militant" 😁 preferences indicate.

Those that wish for seafood, meat and poultry options (the majority) should have a menu that reflects this. Adding vegetarian choices should be part of expanding the menu to reflect shifts in eating trends.
Yes, I agree. And the more I look at that menu, the more I think that it was created by someone who doesn't like food (especially any kind of food that isn't a vegetable). Yes, we know what pan-seared cod is. But what would make it exciting was if they said something like Ginger pan-seared cod. Or Miso flavoured cod. Or something else (cajun, curried, whatever) flavoured cod. As it is, I'm visualising a slab of something white and tasteless, like the kind of school dinner I used to be served.

We know our taste buds need extra help in the air. You can't just have cod-flavoured cod in the air - unless you don't like your food tasting of anything.

I know that flying economy used to be "chicken or beef" and the crew might not know what the actual dish was - whether it was pasta or braised with potatoes etc. You never knew until you peeled off the foil. But this is supposed to be a premium cabin. Would it hurt to tell us what our food might taste of, if anything?

Perhaps an accountant is given a list of ingredients with their component prices, and puts together a random dish that adds up to the target price. But someone forgot to put any spices or flavourings onto the accountant's list.

I'd like to know if there's a rosemary jus, for example, or a wine reduction or, as someone mentioned previously, a certain type of dressing. Maybe they leave it deliberately vague so the cheapest caterer can bid for it, and create whatever suits them. Maybe a caterer can take these bare bones and create something nice. But personally I'd like to know what I'm ordering before it arrives, and as it is a lot of that food sounds bland and dull and totally unappetising.

And as someone else said, what are the desserts served with? Will we only find out when it turns up? Personally, I dislike custard because you never know what you might get - I love a creme anglaise but can't stand anything thicker. Cream would be nice. Does the apple crumble come with cream? Or maybe a nice cinnamon-flavoured ice cream? If I don't know, I might decide on the chocolate sponge.

It wouldn't take much to make more of the menu look interesting, assuming BA could deliver what they promised. And it would help prevent the crew being bombarded with questions on the day. They're not supposed to be waiters - although many of them do a superb job of it, with endless patience and humour.

I appreciate I'm coming across as critical, and that the food may turn out to be very very nice. But as mentioned before, I'd prefer to board the plane feeling hopefully optimistic rather than pessimistic and bearing a pizza box.
adrianlondon and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 27, 22, 12:35 pm

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Which flight will be the first to enjoy the new menu?
Old Oct 27, 22, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by flipper118 View Post
Which flight will be the first to enjoy the new menu?
We will be one of the first on ba123 to experience a full lunch (hopefully)
Old Oct 27, 22, 12:53 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
What I do not see either (and I may have missed this) is when they are bringing back pre-ordering out of LHR
LCSinTexas and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 27, 22, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I'm on the 269 next week, so looking forward to trying the new menu

Search this Thread