SOF B2B Meet Up Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 1, 22, 9:55 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TPRun
Wiki Link
Zdrasti (which apparently means hello in Sofia... suppose I should learn something, given my travel plans below!)
Please feel free to add your travel plans if you wish, or reach out to a fellow traveller via PM.

Oct 2022
Thu 27 Oct LHR-SOF BA890 - onobond
Thu 27 Oct SOF-LHR BA891 - onobond
Sat 29 Oct LHR-SOF BA890 - LeeT,
Sat 29 Oct SOF-LHR BA891- LeeT,


Nov 2022
Sat 5 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - stephenjc+1, LeeT, 86BA7, Gastrocnemius, palcsaky, FlyingBrit,
Sat 5 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - LeeT, palcsaky, FlyingBrit
Sun 6 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - palcsaky,

Sun 6 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - stephenjc+1, 86BA7, Gastrocnemius, palcsaky* Plane went Tech in Sofia, Pax overnighting, returning on Mon 7 Nov @ 12.30pm
Tues 8 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - IJG2,
Tues 8 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - IJG2,
Thu 10 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun, FlyingBrit, Vahan Hovhannisyan, smiles in the aisles,
Thu 10 Nov SOF-LHR BA891- TPRun, Vahan Hovhannisyan, Lucanesque,
Sat 12 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - jfallesen, 81romeo,
Sat 12 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - 81romeo FlyingBrit,
Sun 13 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - Lucanesque,
Sun 13 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - jfallesen,

Tues 15 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun, rosswill,
Tues 15 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - TPRun, rosswill, smiles in the aisles,
Thu 17 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun, Percy Pig+1, 81romeo,
Thu 17 Nov SOF-LHR BA891- TPRun, Percy Pig+1, 81romeo, Lucanesque,
Sat 19 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - Vahan Hovhannisyan, ms101, 1A or No Way,
Sat 19 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - Vahan Hovhannisyan,
Sun 20 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun,
Sun 20 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - TPRun, ms101, 1A or No Way,

Tues 22 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun,
Tues 22 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - TPRun,

Wed 23 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - DarkHarlequin, Waggy, travellingwigbury, rosswill, Jetstreamer, MrCheapSeats,
Wed 23 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - DarkHarlequin, Waggy, rosswill, Jetstreamer,
Thu 24 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun+1,
Thu 24 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - EGLK FLYER, travellingwigbury,
Sun 27 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 -
Sun 27 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - TPRun+1,
Tues 29 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - EGLK FLYER, josh100+1,
Tues 29 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 -

Wed 30 Nov LHR-SOF BA890 - DarkHarlequin, Jetstreamer, gustavmahler, AtoB,, IJN Harekaze
Wed 30 Nov SOF-LHR BA891 - DarkHarlequin, EGLK FLYER, Jetstreamer, josh100+1, gustavmahler, IJN Harekaze


Dec 2022
Thu 1 Dec LHR-SOF BA890 - TPRun,
Thu 1 Dec SOF-LHR BA891- TPRun,

Sun 4 Dec LHR-SOF BA890 - DarkHarlequin,
Sun 4 Dec SOF-LHR BA891 - DarkHarlequin,
Wed 7 Dec LHR-SOF BA890 - DarkHarlequin, EGLK FLYER, gustavmahler,
Wed 7 Dec SOF-LHR BA891 - DarkHarlequin, gustavmahler, AtoB,
Thu 8 Dec LHR-SOF BA890 -
Thu 8 Dec SOF-LHR BA891- EGLK FLYER,
Tue 13 Dec LHR-SOF BA890 - Lucanesque,
Tues 13 Dec SOF-LHR BA891 -
Thurs 15 Dec LHR-SOF BA890 -
Thu 15 Dec SOF-LHR BA891 - Lucanesque,
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 26, 22, 1:03 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK. West Sussex
Programs: BAEC. Silver.
Posts: 627
I was returning from SOF on monday

The lounge upstairs in the corner, just past the duty free shop, was closed,

The only lounge open was the Aspire one downstairs, turn left 180 degrees off the escalator, no trouble for BA access, just a few nibbles, cheese/ham on bread or mini pizza

Basic Gordon's gin at the bar
Others were available, but they are "premium" and charge extra for them
Fatdickie is online now  
Old Oct 26, 22, 2:27 pm
  #32  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Posts: 10,032
Recently did a B2B in SOF.

Tbh, even the rather short detour to spend time in the lounge isn't worth the effort.

The two CC serving CE were both surprised seeing me return to the cabin, albeit shifting from1A to 1F. I tried to escape by referring to the old maritime rule - Port out - Starbord home (before anyone with better knowledge corrects me, my knowledge of what is starbord is miniscule. Port, otoh, is a favourite)

When we were airborne, the IFL approached discreetly, saying she understood my mission, "You are a Courier, aren't you?"
Soon her collegue offering a drink, bending slightly forward, whispering : "You must be working for BA, checking on the service provided, am I right?"

As I had no lawyer to consult, we discussed more general topics.during the rest of the inbound. But even before beeing taken for a Courier or BA Secret Agent, both the out- and inbound were very enjoyable
jfallesen likes this.
onobond is offline  
Old Oct 26, 22, 2:38 pm
  #33  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Posts: 10,032
Originally Posted by TPRun View Post
Not sure there is much in there other than finding cheapest dates and nesting bookings as many couldn't book same-day return.
AIUI, BA hasn't accepted B2B's on the same ticket lately. My recent B2B was on 2 different reservations, one positioning, the other a TPR. But given the circumstances of
1. One daily flight
2, Outbound passengers are decanted into the departing gate area
IMHO, it's as close to foolproof as can be. The only caveat beeing the outbound aircraft going tech

So two tix will probably be fine
onobond is offline  
Old Oct 26, 22, 3:52 pm
  #34  
Moderator: Qatar Airways
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LHR/NCE/DOH
Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Posts: 8,223
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Recently did a B2B in SOF.

Tbh, even the rather short detour to spend time in the lounge isn't worth the effort.

The two CC serving CE were both surprised seeing me return to the cabin, albeit shifting from1A to 1F. I tried to escape by referring to the old maritime rule - Port out - Starbord home (before anyone with better knowledge corrects me, my knowledge of what is starbord is miniscule. Port, otoh, is a favourite)

When we were airborne, the IFL approached discreetly, saying she understood my mission, "You are a Courier, aren't you?"
Soon her collegue offering a drink, bending slightly forward, whispering : "You must be working for BA, checking on the service provided, am I right?"

As I had no lawyer to consult, we discussed more general topics.during the rest of the inbound. But even before beeing taken for a Courier or BA Secret Agent, both the out- and inbound were very enjoyable
Looks like you're flying tomorrow morning Bo.

See you onboard.

M
msm2000uk is offline  
Old Oct 26, 22, 4:10 pm
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Berkshire / London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Posts: 853
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
When we were airborne, the IFL approached discreetly, saying she understood my mission, "You are a Courier, aren't you?"
Soon her collegue offering a drink, bending slightly forward, whispering : "You must be working for BA, checking on the service provided, am I right?"
Love this - I'm going to have to keep myself entertained each time, so I think I'll come up with personas. One time I'll carry an important-looking folder, marked confidential, holding it close the whole flight out...and not bring it on the return.
Another time I'll wear a DHL Cap.
Another time a clipboard and pen, looking around, ticking and crossing after every interaction.
Hmm...what else..
Percy Pig and Neboxod like this.
TPRun is offline  
Old Oct 26, 22, 4:27 pm
  #36  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Berkshire / London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Posts: 853
Another thought: Will I be served the same food each time on my trips?
Breakfast on the flight out I understand if its the same, but what about the 2pm/4pm outbounds from SOF?
Also: is the bar open both ways?

Please feel free to post your food pics here with date/time info
TPRun is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:29 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,104
Originally Posted by Fatdickie View Post
I was returning from SOF on monday

The lounge upstairs in the corner, just past the duty free shop, was closed,

The only lounge open was the Aspire one downstairs, turn left 180 degrees off the escalator, no trouble for BA access, just a few nibbles, cheese/ham on bread or mini pizza

Basic Gordon's gin at the bar
Others were available, but they are "premium" and charge extra for them
Don't forget the fresh OJ machine - assuming it still has oranges in it
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:30 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,104
Originally Posted by TPRun View Post
Another thought: Will I be served the same food each time on my trips?
Breakfast on the flight out I understand if its the same, but what about the 2pm/4pm outbounds from SOF?
Also: is the bar open both ways?

Please feel free to post your food pics here with date/time info
No
I did a B2B two days in a row.
On the 4 flights, the breakfast were the same, however the hot meals on the return were different menus. And yes, the Bar is open both ways
TPRun likes this.

Last edited by PGberkshire; Oct 27, 22 at 3:46 am
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:33 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 6,930
I would expect the one bottle of champagne they load to run out in the first 1-2 rows especially if 14 rows of CE
LeeT, 86BA7 and TPRun like this.
xenole is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:39 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold; *Silver
Posts: 773
I'm not going until March so it's a bit early to put my dates up there.

Now I understand why all the availability disappeared in November!!
TPRun likes this.
fluffymitten is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:43 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 6,930
I'm flying out on Saturday, with a same day return on another booking (messed up my work schedule and thought I was off, but at work next day, so having to return).
Could have sworn it was out from LHR T3 and T5 the following week (for the other parts of the two bookings), but every flight now seems to be T5.
xenole is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:51 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,104
It was T3, but moved back to T5

They have more than 1 bottle of big champagne
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 3:55 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,104
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
AIUI, BA hasn't accepted B2B's on the same ticket lately. My recent B2B was on 2 different reservations, one positioning, the other a TPR. But given the circumstances of
1. One daily flight
2, Outbound passengers are decanted into the departing gate area
IMHO, it's as close to foolproof as can be. The only caveat beeing the outbound aircraft going tech

So two tix will probably be fine
Most of the turn around times are 55 mins, but some are 65, thus able to B2B on 1 ticket.
I had a cancellation and the GGL agent overode this and gave me a B2B on a 55 min turnaround
TPRun likes this.
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 9:37 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: AFC
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 281
See you on the 17th TPRun!
TPRun likes this.
Percy Pig is offline  
Old Oct 27, 22, 10:06 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 18
They have more than 1 bottle of big champagne[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm depends how many of us were on the outbound i would say! Speaking from experience!
Caroline Beale is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread