Cabin lighting before landing

Old Oct 22, 22, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Cabin lighting before landing

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but Id really appreciate some observations on when normally the cabin lights are turned up in the Club World cabin on an overnight flight back to London from New York?

I know its a short flight and most want to maximize sleep, but on my flight recently the lights came up around 25 minutes to landing, so curious to know whether that is usual for that route as although Ive never really timed it in the past (on different routes), Im sure the lights are usually on before then.

Many thanks!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 22, 22, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
20-40 minutes is usually normal to allow the cabin crew to prepare the cabin for landing.
rt23456p and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Oct 22, 22, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by Paren View Post
20-40 minutes is usually normal to allow the cabin crew to prepare the cabin for landing.
ok great, many thanks.
Old Oct 22, 22, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The lights should be turned up (not fully) at 40 minutes prior to landing on longhaul and 20 minutes on shorthaul, to prompt customers to get themselves organised and possibly use to the toilets so that when the seatbelt sights come on (20/10) the crew can check the cabins promptly.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 22, 22, 9:42 am

I was woken up 1hr15 mins before landing this morning (on JFK-LHR). I don't know why they don't do breakfast orders when they do dinner so they can wake you a lot later with breakfast ready.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 22, 22, 10:00 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe View Post
I was woken up 1hr15 mins before landing this morning (on JFK-LHR). I don't know why they don't do breakfast orders when they do dinner so they can wake you a lot later with breakfast ready.
In the good old days, they always used to take breakfast orders at least when they cleared away the first meal service and then affix either a green sticker to the back of ones seat if Breakfast was being taken, or a red sticker if passengers did not want to be woken for breakfast. Happy days

Last edited by SxMan; Oct 22, 22 at 10:00 am Reason: Text
Old Oct 22, 22, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
1 hour 15 min is the standard for a cold breakfast, I agree they should bring back the breakfast cards.
TTmex likes this.
Old Oct 22, 22, 11:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
The lights should be turned up (not fully) at 40 minutes prior to landing on longhaul and 20 minutes on shorthaul, to prompt customers to get themselves organised and possibly use to the toilets so that when the seatbelt sights come on (20/10) the crew can check the cabins promptly.
I think that may have gone to 15 on SH as that is what I am hearing these days.
Old Oct 22, 22, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Breakfast cards must come back although on my latest CW MEX to LHR they didn't wake me and CSD joked they were about to check if I had a pulse as if been out 8 hours flat. Considering how bad the breakfast Mexico's caterer rustles up, I'm happy to be able to sleep until 40 mins to go

Search this Thread