Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA move to Terminal 8 at JFK/ American abolishing international first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA move to Terminal 8 at JFK/ American abolishing international first class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
I will be going through JFK T8 on December 2nd flying BA back to LHR. Will head into Chelsea (if allowed!) and get some photos and do a short review.

Anyone got any photos in the meantime, or any intel on menus, choice of champagne, etc?

I think you may be the first of us officially unless someone will be there on the 1st.. If they do allow domestic pax in I may make a visit otherwise I'll be there on the 19th.

No intel at all on menus or champagne between any of the BA / AA threads or any sites yet that I've seen. However we can probably assume the champagne given FFD and CCR share the same product; unless.. AA reverts back to their superior offering (Krug) for a period to celebrate the new prestigiousness of the Chelsea.

Last edited by jjLDNY; Nov 21, 2022 at 6:32 pm
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
I will be going through JFK T8 on December 2nd flying BA back to LHR. Will head into Chelsea (if allowed!) and get some photos and do a short review.

Anyone got any photos in the meantime, or any intel on menus, choice of champagne, etc?

I’ll be there on 2nd myself, flying AA back to LHR!!
Old Nov 22, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Will arriving passengers on F flights/with GGL status have access to the Chelsea lounge?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 5:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Will arriving passengers on F flights/with GGL status have access to the Chelsea lounge?
arriving and connecting on from T8 or just arriving? in the later case no since you are segregated an an international arrival so won't be in the departures area.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm curious to know what the situation might be once AA starts its removal of first class for Transcons (and International?).

Would the Chelsea lounge be for CK, BA F and possibly GGL only? Pretty much the CCR under a new name?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
As far as what I've been told and also others have been told, once the transcons F have gone, yes I would say the lounge would be for intl F , CK and GGL.

I think the only question that needs answering if flying AA domestic coach ( no intl sectors) as a GGL.

I would hazard a guess and say yes to GGL travelling AA domestic with no intl itinerary.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
As far as what I've been told and also others have been told, once the transcons F have gone, yes I would say the lounge would be for intl F , CK and GGL.

I think the only question that needs answering if flying AA domestic coach ( no intl sectors) as a GGL.

I would hazard a guess and say yes to GGL travelling AA domestic with no intl itinerary.
Correct summary as we know it thus far. Just waiting on the GGL traveling domestic (in any class).

Also something to watch, CK numbers in the Chelsea will likely be dwarfed by the intl F of other carriers so they may look to offer something for intl biz to upgrade and enter to reclaim it to some capacity?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Also something to watch, CK numbers in the Chelsea will likely be dwarfed by the intl F of other carriers so they may look to offer something for intl biz to upgrade and enter to reclaim it to some capacity?
AA already offer Flagship Business Plus on 3-class international sectors where Flagship First isn't available. This includes Flagship First Dining access, or soon to be Chelsea lounge access at JFK.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
I just watched a short clip of BA and their 50 years at T7. Perhaps one for the regular JFK users but this reminded of a lady whom used to gate keep the Club World Pre-flight dining, she wore spectacles and was of middle age. She is still employed? She was a great asset in the gallery’s lounge. I hope as they move to T8 staff are looked after and resourced to their effectiveness.
Markie and Arsey00 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I arrived on the last BA flight of the day last night into Terminal 8. This was the BA183. We used gate 20 and the process was good. It was a fairly short walk to arrivals.

As an aside, it was the simplest Global Entry procedure I’ve seen so far. There was no need for me to input my passport or Green Card or confirm any information at the kiosk. Once I took the photo at the kiosk it told me to proceed to see an agent who confirmed my name and just waved me through. Very slick.
Markie, our_kid, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by golfmad
I arrived on the last BA flight of the day last night into Terminal 8. This was the BA183. We used gate 20 and the process was good. It was a fairly short walk to arrivals.

As an aside, it was the simplest Global Entry procedure I’ve seen so far. There was no need for me to input my passport or Green Card or confirm any information at the kiosk. Once I took the photo at the kiosk it told me to proceed to see an agent who confirmed my name and just waved me through. Very slick.
Same as in Miami.
golfmad likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:17 am

Will there be an arrivals lounge in T8?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Will there be an arrivals lounge in T8?
No, transatlantic flights mostly arrive in the afternoon or evening broadly negating the need for one.
alex67500 and flybymonkey like this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by golfmad

Where's gate 20? I can't see it on the terminal maps.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
One of the new gates. Shown on the AA app in the airport map section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.