Search

TP Run question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
TP Run question

Good morning all,

Silly question really, but I have a TP run next week and wanted to know how I get my boarding passes

All segments are ticketed to BA and are showing on my app, but I'm mainly flying with AA. When I check-in for the first flight, will it check me into all of the flights, or do I check-in for each flight on the app?

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks all
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You will normally need to check into AA flights with AA if using apps or online. If checking in in-person you will usually get boarding passes for every flight on that itinerary that day.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:01 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Assuming you intend to use mobile boarding passes for the entire trip you'll need the relevant app for the airline operating the flight to generate the BP. So in your case you'll need to download the AA app. You don't need an AA Advantage login and can use the app as a guest. To make it faster it is worth adding your trip into the AA app before you travel. That'll mean you'll need the AA PNR which you should be able to find in BA MMB under the choose a seat option for the AA operated flights.

Once you've added the PNR to the AA app once is stays there as an upcoming itinary and you can then check in and generate boarding passes for the AA operated flights. I find it useful to have the AA app available when flying on AA even if you don't want to use a mobile boarding pass as you can then manage seating on the AA flight directly through the app plus the AA app has a useful function of showing the status of your incoming plane which gives you a heads up re possible delays.

If you are going to use paper boarding passes you should be able to get multiple boarding passes issued at the start of your journey although depends on how complicated your itinerary is maybe not all of them. My experience is AA checkin agents seem less keen to issue boarding passes on non AA operated flights, not sure if that is because they don't know how to do it, can't be bothered or whether it really isn't possible.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you both,

I do already have the AA app so I'll jump on there and make sure all the flights are on.

I'm planning on checking in online, as only have cabin bags

Cheers
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am doing a TP run to HNL next week. BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL and then next day return.
BA account shows the entire journey - and I have added the booking to my AA app (with the AA PNR)
Interestingly the AA app and website only show the following sectors LHR-JFK-LAX and LAX-JKF-LHR-BUD.

Neither the LAX-HNL or HNL-LAX legs are shown on the AA app or Website.

Will I be able to checkin online for the LAX-HNL or HNL-LAX online - will they eventually show up?

I have managed to assign seats on the LAX-HNL and HNL-LAX legs via rj.com
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redmongoose
I am doing a TP run to HNL next week. BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL and then next day return.
BA account shows the entire journey - and I have added the booking to my AA app (with the AA PNR)
Interestingly the AA app and website only show the following sectors LHR-JFK-LAX and LAX-JKF-LHR-BUD.

Will I be able to checkin online for the LAX-HNL or HNL-LAX online - will they eventually show up?

That is what I'm doing as well!!! except I'm finishing in OGG

I'll load it all up on my AA app and get back to you
Redmongoose likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

Ive had this before where there has been another PNR associated with the ticket. Usually this happens if I’ve used a travel agent. Might be worth trying to select seats for those legs on BA and see if a different PNR comes up?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC

For a BA purchased itinerary, in addition to the main PNR issued by BA, you will often have 2 separate PNRs for the AA flights. I think this might be one for any flights with AA flight number and another for BA flight numbers but not 100% sure. Anyway, you should be able to find these on BA website in MMB.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:01 am

I have 2 PNRs
One for BA which shows all 8 sectors and one for AA which only shows 5 sectors (on the AA website and app)
Interesting on the AA website it shows the trip as LHR/LAX - 5 Legs LHR-JFK-LAX then LAX-JFK-LHR-BUD - No reference at at all to the HNL roundtrip sectors

Ticket booked direct with BA and on BA aircaft (BUD-LHR-JFK) and BA flight numbers on AA (JFK-LAX), AA flights LAX-HNL
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:04 am

I have 2 PNRs
One for BA which shows all 8 sectors and one for AA which only shows 5 sectors (on the AA website and app)
Interesting on the AA website it shows the trip as LHR/LAX - 5 Legs LHR-JFK-LAX then LAX-JFK-LHR-BUD - No reference at at all to the HNL roundtrip sectors

Ticket booked direct with BA and on BA aircaft (BUD-LHR-JFK) and BA flight numbers on AA (JFK-LAX), AA flights LAX-HNL
You should have 3: 1 BA one. 2 AA ones. This second AA one is where you'll find the HNL flights.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster

I have 2 PNRs

I've just checked my AA app and all the flight segments are there.

I must have added it before, but I don't remember when, but I think I used the booking reference that the OTA gave me. I'm also sure they booked it all through AA, which would make a difference maybe?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
You should have 3: 1 BA one. 2 AA ones. This second AA one is where you'll find the HNL flights.
All I have on BA website is:
  • BA booking reference:xxxxxx
  • American Airlines reference:xxxxxx
  • American Airlines website:https://www.aa.com
So missing one of the AA pnr's
I will give them a call to see if they can provide the other AA one
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:27 am

What happens if you go to the BA app and click to select seats for the HNL flights? With a bit of luck this should take you to AA and should show the elusive 3rd PNR.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
What happens if you go to the BA app and click to select seats for the HNL flights? With a bit of luck this should take you to AA and should show the elusive 3rd PNR.
No - it only shows the first AA pnr for the codeshare flights unfortunately.

I have called BA and they gave me the missing (3rd) pnr for the AA "prime flights"
Now have booking up on the AA app

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
It's possible to get this from the AA site with the flight number and passenger details, but you have to be logged into an AAdvantage account so calling may be easier. BA should be able to find it too, so if you prefer to hear it in a Geordie accent you can try that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.