Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Club Members, check back this Thursday 20 Oct for an exclusive offer

Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:41 am
A13
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Just noticed this in the middle of ba.com..

"Executive Club Members, check back this Thursday 20 Oct for an exclusive offer"

Any ideas? Assume related to the premium sale.
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At this time of the year they have frequently offered something to improve Avios usage (e.g. WTP at half the usual rate). Unusual if it's helpful to being trying to get to Florida in CW thought.
A13 and Bohinjska Bistrica like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Our tier thresholds will be updated on 1 January 2023
  • You can continue to benefit from the current 25% reduction on tier thresholds until 31 December 2022.
  • From 1 January 2023, you will need to meet our full Tier Point thresholds to upgrade to Bronze, Silver or Gold.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
I also noticed this yesterday. I checked just now and the message seems to have disappeared but I cant see any offer.

anyone know what the offer is?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by mmogdan
I also noticed this yesterday. I checked just now and the message seems to have disappeared but I cant see any offer.

anyone know what the offer is?
I think it's a part pay with avios enhancement. For the next 4 days you get the following cash discounts when part paying with avios on a single flight.
  • 5 in exchange for 250 Avios,
  • 9 for 450 Avios,
  • 16 for 800 Avios,
  • 28 for 1,400 Avios,
  • 40 for 2,000 Avios,
  • 50 for 2,500 Avios.
Returns are double, ie up to 100 off the cash price for 5000 avios
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:15 am

Could it be this email I received this morning.

Dear Mr X,

Thank you for being a Member of our Executive Club. Your loyalty means the world to us.

Over the last few years, we introduced some temporary changes to the Executive Club to ensure that we continued to recognise your loyalty, even when you couldn’t take to the skies. This included extending tier memberships and reducing the number of Tier Points you needed to upgrade your tier status.

As we welcome more and more of our customers back on board, we’ll be re-introducing our standard Tier Point thresholds at the end of this year.
  • If you’ve already renewed or upgraded your tier status, you will continue to enjoy the benefits of your current tier until your card expiry date, which is shown on your digital membership card in the British Airways app and on ba.com.
  • You can continue to benefit from the current 25% reduction on tier thresholds until 31 December 2022.
  • From 1 January 2023, you will need to meet our full Tier Point thresholds to renew or upgrade your tier status.

You can find more information about these changes, including our tier thresholds and answers to frequently asked questions at ba.com.

We hope you continue to enjoy being part of the Executive Club and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Best wishes,
The Executive Club Team

Our tier thresholds will be updated on 1 January 2023
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
Could it be this email I received this morning.
No, because that email (which started going out yesterday) is simply a reminder of something already trailed, and can't really be called an exclusive offer.
SheepyAFC likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I think it's a part pay with avios enhancement. For the next 4 days you get the following cash discounts when part paying with avios on a single flight.
  • 5 in exchange for 250 Avios,
  • 9 for 450 Avios,
  • 16 for 800 Avios,
  • 28 for 1,400 Avios,
  • 40 for 2,000 Avios,
  • 50 for 2,500 Avios.
Returns are double, ie up to 100 off the cash price for 5000 avios
Seems to be ex-LGW only(?)
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes its LGW only.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No codeshares or flights TO LGW (unless booked as part of a return)

You can, however, RETURN to Heathrow if you want...
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
See now :

[Ends 24th Oct] Pay with Avios: 5,000 for 100 off. To/from LGW

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.