Search

Seriously. What is wrong with people...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF

From Paddle Your Own Kanoo:

A British Airways passenger reportedly stripped from their waist down, defecated on the floor of a plane and then smeared themselves in their own feces before charging at other passengers and wiping the excrement over the carpets and curtains in the cabin.

The horrifying incident allegedly occurred while passengers were still boarding a British Airways-operated Boeing 777-300 aircraft at London Heathrow Airport on the BA75 service bound for Lagos in Nigeria on the 7th of October.

British Airways has seemingly confirmed the nauseating episode, with a spokesperson saying that the airline had apologized to passengers after the flight was delayed so that a new plane could be found while the contaminated cabin was deep cleaned.

rumours of the sickening incident started to spread last week after a leaked copy of what appears to be the aircraft maintenance log explaining what had happened started to go viral on social media.

The logbook reads: “During boarding, passenger stripped from (the) waist down and defecated on rear galley floor. He sat in it and rubbed it into galley floor and aisle carpets.”

But if that sounds bad enough, things quickly got even worse.

“He walked in it (his own excrement) and started running up aisle… He smeared his arms from hands to elbow in faecal matter and aggressively ran at other passengers, flicking faecal matter around and up door 4, over seats as he went”.

The logbook noted that the curtains and carpets were “severely contaminated” and that a deep clean was required.

The aircraft was taken out of service and passengers endured a more than five-hour delay while another plane was found to take them to Lagos. According to data provided by Flight Radar 24, the flight landed just over five hours late.

How is this even possible - I am at a loss for words. I feel so badly for the cleaning crew assigned to that mess.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:19 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SafariHeaven
The logbook reads: “During boarding, passenger stripped from (the) waist down and defecated on rear galley floor. He sat in it and rubbed it into galley floor and aisle carpets.
How very apt a description
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Jerry Seinfeld put it best:

[Url]
dmarge18 and VRFast like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by SafariHeaven
From Paddle Your Own Kanoo:
The horrifying incident allegedly occurred while passengers were still boarding a British Airways-operated Boeing 777-300 aircraft at London Heathrow Airport on the BA75 service bound for Lagos in Nigeria on the 7th of October.
How odd that this story took so long to reach the press. The media normally love a good 'rowdy/tipsy/abusive' passenger story - showing people clapping as they are removed by the police.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Shades of Gerard Finneran on UA In his case, it was later determined he was probably already suffering from the Alzheimers that he later died of.
trooper likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Very sad for all of those involved. It is clear that person has some sort of mental health issue. I hope they get the help they need.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: MVPG75, Club 49, OWE, Hilton, Bonvoy, Enterprise Plus, MGM, AA, BA
The good news is I won't have an appetite for the rest of the week. Dear demented gawd.
ATLCDG and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
What is "wrong" with that person is probably mental illness. It's a horrifying scenario, but a little more compassion and understanding might be in order.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Why do people post crap like this? : ) But more seriously, I'm not sure mental heath issues should be flyertalk fodder. Having a trill about hot towels, provision of novelty toys at mid-market american hotel chains - fine, but surely intelligent people should be able to discern between the two.
IAN-UK, Grog, arf04 and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
At best this deserves to be lost in the BA in the media | master thread thread. But even then, it’s clearly an unwell passenger and not to be joked around
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: Executive Club
I was waiting to board a BA flight from Punta Cana PUJ to LGW in April and there was excrement on the floor in the boarding area (photo attached). People kept ignoring the signs and walking in it, much to the horror of those waiting to board. I have no idea how it got there or whose it was. Some poor cleaner had to come and clean it up before boarding could commence.

Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:00 pm

Reminds me of the case of the pro golferThorbjorn Olesen..

The court previously heard Thorbjorn Olesen ran around the cabin "like a little boy", cried before falling asleep then later urinated on another passenger's seat; 31-year-old Dane denies sexual assault, assault by beating and being drunk on an aircraft on July 29 2019
Thorbjorn Olesen: Golfer 'embarrassed' by claims he drunkenly groped woman on BA flight | Golf News | Sky Sports
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Which airframe was it?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Which airframe was it?
G-STBC. Poor baby
crazy8534 and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
G-STBC. Poor baby
G-STBI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.