Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA marketed AA flights seemed to cause confusion at Arrivals and Concorde Lounges

BA marketed AA flights seemed to cause confusion at Arrivals and Concorde Lounges

Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

I purchased a ticket DFW-LHR-DXB-LHR-DFW in J from BA. All of the flights are BA marketed, although DFW-LHR and LHR-DFW are operated by AA. I am AA EXP, so when I arrived at DFW, I inquired in the lounge about being able to use one of my AA SWUs to upgrade from J to F. There seems to be some confusion as to whether this is permissible on BA marketed flights, but the agent did not hesitate to add me to the upgrade list, which I cleared at the gate and was able to fly F DFW-LHR.

I obviously arrived at T3 at LHR and am flying LHR-DXB out of T5. So I took the flight connections bus to T5 but then exited through the e-gates since I have plenty of time and wanted to go for a run. I walked up the Arrivals Lounge to change into running clothes, where it took me 20 minutes to get in, as the agent was unable to get the computer to accept my credentials. I am EXP on AA and Gold on BA, so OW Emerald twice over, and am traveling on a BA J ticket, so there should have been no issue, which the agent readily acknowledged. But the computer wouldn't accept it, and she would not let me in out of fear of getting in trouble. Finally she called some support desk and was told just to let me in. (Yes, it was frustrating to me, but I get that the agent was just trying to do her job.)

After my run, I re-cleared security at the First Wing and went directly to the showers. When I was done, I went to the Concorde Lounge to inquire if I was entitled to access, having flown from DFW-LHR in F (although connected to LHR-DXB in J). I honestly had no idea whether I was entitled to access, and if she had told me that I was not I would have been fine going to the F lounge instead. But she looked at my record, seemed to be equally confused as the agent at the Arrivals Lounge, but nonetheless admitted me right away (where I sit typing this, after eating my burger and chips, which I didn't find to be particularly good!).
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by Blumie
I purchased a ticket DFW-LHR-DXB-LHR-DFW in J from BA. All of the flights are BA marketed, although DFW-LHR and LHR-DFW are operated by AA. I am AA EXP, so when I arrived at DFW, I inquired in the lounge about being able to use one of my AA SWUs to upgrade from J to F. There seems to be some confusion as to whether this is permissible on BA marketed flights, but the agent did not hesitate to add me to the upgrade list, which I cleared at the gate and was able to fly F DFW-LHR.

I obviously arrived at T3 at LHR and am flying LHR-DXB out of T5. So I took the flight connections bus to T5 but then exited through the e-gates since I have plenty of time and wanted to go for a run. I walked up the Arrivals Lounge to change into running clothes, where it took me 20 minutes to get in, as the agent was unable to get the computer to accept my credentials. I am EXP on AA and Gold on BA, so OW Emerald twice over, and am traveling on a BA J ticket, so there should have been no issue, which the agent readily acknowledged. But the computer wouldn't accept it, and she would not let me in out of fear of getting in trouble. Finally she called some support desk and was told just to let me in. (Yes, it was frustrating to me, but I get that the agent was just trying to do her job.)

After my run, I re-cleared security at the First Wing and went directly to the showers. When I was done, I went to the Concorde Lounge to inquire if I was entitled to access, having flown from DFW-LHR in F (although connected to LHR-DXB in J). I honestly had no idea whether I was entitled to access, and if she had told me that I was not I would have been fine going to the F lounge instead. But she looked at my record, seemed to be equally confused as the agent at the Arrivals Lounge, but nonetheless admitted me right away (where I sit typing this, after eating my burger and chips, which I didn't find to be particularly good!).
A bit off topic, but where did you put your stuff during your run? I may want to do something similar this week.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
A bit off topic, but where did you put your stuff during your run? I may want to do something similar this week.
In the past, I had gone to the F lounge, checked it there, and then rode the train to the C Concourse, but stayed on it until it brought me back to immigration. This always required me to go back to BA to un-check me in and re-check me in, which was a hassle but worked.

This time I just used the left luggage service on the same level after coming out of baggage claim. (Turn to the right as you face the street and go to the very end of the hall, next to the M&S.) They charge Ł7.50 for up to three hours. It worked quite well.

There’s another thread on here, which I’ll try to find, where I detail my 10K/6 mile run from T5.
becks1 and LowValueCustomer like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
There’s another thread on here, which I’ll try to find, where I detail my 10K/6 mile run from T5.
Read through this thread, in which I detail my route and then another FTer mapped it out:

Finding Something to do Around T5
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Super helpful, thanks for this!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.