Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Club Europe out of LGW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Flying Club Europe out of LGW

I'm looking at flying from LGW to GVA in January. Thinking of using Avios to fly Club Europe - looking at lounge access at Gatwick, and it says there's an 'Aspire' Club for 'customers travelling in 'First or Club World'. Does that mean that short haul J pax don't have a lounge to use, or is it just badly worded? Many thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Badly worded. The BA lounge is fully operational for passengers in First, Club World, or Club Europe, or eligible by status, just like normal.
Markie, mikeyfly and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much. Suspected that but wanted to check.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:11 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by stifle
Badly worded. The BA lounge is fully operational for passengers in First, Club World, or Club Europe, or eligible by status, just like normal.
Darling - what are the times of the F Lounge - I heard tell that it closed much earlier than in the past. I have a flight on a Saturday at 21.05 - will I be relegated to the Business Lounge. Will I survive in such a Bear Pit?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
If flying CE, I believe you get the First Lounge which is really quite nice and has great Apron/Runway views.

** Wrong … Gold or First. Sorry!!

Last edited by T8191; Oct 3, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:15 am

Not sure you do get first lounge if flying CE. I’ve just left it and it was delightfully empty. There are as many people in CE on my flight as there were in the lounge in total.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Darling - what are the times of the F Lounge - I heard tell that it closed much earlier than in the past. I have a flight on a Saturday at 21.05 - will I be relegated to the Business Lounge. Will I survive in such a Bear Pit?
Fairly sure it stays open now until the last BA flight has left. I'm sure that were you to announce your presence in the business lounge you'd quickly acquire a little gaggle of admirers to hang upon your every word, but do you really want to hang out (in the Gen Y sense, not the clothing malfunction way) with mere business class users? I'd like to think not.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Fairly sure it stays open now until the last BA flight has left. I'm sure that were you to announce your presence in the business lounge you'd quickly acquire a little gaggle of admirers to hang upon your every word, but do you really want to hang out (in the Gen Y sense, not the clothing malfunction way) with mere business class users? I'd like to think not.
Where you would be - I would be happy to be. WIll that answer suffice?

I have no idea what time the last BA flight leaves on a Saturday night - does anyone know how to find out?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by i_concur
Not sure you do get first lounge if flying CE. I’ve just left it and it was delightfully empty. There are as many people in CE on my flight as there were in the lounge in total.
Honey and T8191 Uncle T - I am sure that you have to be Gold. Regular CE gets the Business Lounge. Unless someone knows different.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
As a humble and inferior bronze accessing the Business lounge by the grace and favour of Mrs. stifle's silver card, I am afraid enquiring into the hours of operation of the F lounge didn't form part of the plans going through LGW
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:03 am

Where you would be - I would be happy to be. WIll that answer suffice?

I have no idea what time the last BA flight leaves on a Saturday night - does anyone know how to find out?
I'd look at flightradar24 departures board in the absence of other information. I suppose you're on the IBEx flight to Madrid? It looks like 1830ish for the last BA tomorrow, that seems a little early if the lounge closes for that.

There's nothing particularly wrong with being chucked out into the business lounge really, it's perfectly pleasant. It may not happen anyway, it'd seem perverse to close one and not the other. I'm through there next on the 14th, so in lieu of anyone asking in the meantime (or your travel being before that) I'll ask.

I'm more likely to be sitting by a gate waiting for a Wizz flight when I'm at Gatwick these days. Privations are good for the soul, though mine is surely damned anyway so I question whether the effort is worthwhile.

PS: we've been on the "where you'll be, I'll be also" in the context of 1C previously, and I believe we concluded that in light of safety restrictions relating to air travel, and similar safety restrictions relating to strapping ex police force rugby playing husbands, it was better to strictly observe the Pauli exception principle as regards co-location.

Last edited by bisonrav; Oct 3, 2022 at 11:13 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

You might want to check this thread, and as noted they closed the other day before 7 and the main lounge closes either 40 minutes before the last flight so it was 20.45 that day or at 21.00

Last BA flights this Saturday coming are the
21.10 ALC
21.15 IBZ
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by stifle
As a humble and inferior bronze accessing the Business lounge by the grace and favour of Mrs. stifle's silver card, I am afraid enquiring into the hours of operation of the F lounge didn't form part of the plans going through LGW
Well - would being a Mucci make up for some that loss? bisonrav and I must be kept apart by 1B.

I'll let you know how I get on as I'll ask them outright and post it here.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Honey and T8191 Uncle T - I am sure that you have to be Gold. Regular CE gets the Business Lounge. Unless someone knows different.
I know little of such restrictions, which is why I avoided offering a definitive statement!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:17 am

You can't install a bronze in 1B PUCCI GALORE - they make loyal valets, but if treated with too much indulgence they just get ideas above their stations.
PUCCI GALORE and ENTP like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.