Search

Reward flights November 2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Reward flights November 2023

Hi

I’m looking to book reward flights for my wife’s 40th November 2023. I’d like to book somewhere that we can get first class flights. It’s been a long time since we travelled long haul as we have a disabled son. It appears that first class destinations are much reduced. AMEX companion voucher.

Where are we (if at all as blue member / but lots or avios available through Marriott bonvoy) likely to get First class reward flights, ideally from LHR due to Concorde lounge in early November, maybe Thursday to Tuesday? Days are flexible. Originating from MAN. Didn’t think they was any direct international reward flights from MAN

Thank you
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There’s no F guaranteed - and it’s slim pickings as the total number of F seats shrinks across the network. In my opinion Atlanta, New York, Boston, Washington (IAD) and San Jose (CA) are your best bets. You can regularly get them, and then fly onwards if you need. Not always released at 355 days, so it’s a patient game.

Also, you van book something and change for £35 if something better opens.

With a decent seat now on the Club Suites, I’d maybe sack off F and go where you want to go in J, I wouldn’t let a couple of hours in an “ok” lounge such as the CCR influence my destination

Finally, do ensure you’ve got the correct companion voucher as new ones without annual fee are restricted to Y
chris1922Mk2 likes this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Oct 2, 2022 at 7:26 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks - we don’t have any particular destination in mind but want somewhere with decent weather, we’d hoped for LAS as it was the first stop on our honeymoon in 2011 when NF was first being rolled out across the fleet. We are lucky to get NF both ways LHR-LAS and LAX-LHR on our return.

it’s just a thought as to where we are most likely to get F on reward flights at a blue access window

so doesn’t have to be North America
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SJC then a hop to LAS might work

Status makes no difference to obtaining F seats
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly

sorry I thought you could check availability earlier if gold or silver
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukswift88
sorry I thought you could check availability earlier if gold or silver
Nope, not in this instance.

Id go where you want to go in J grabbing seats at their release at 355 days
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:36 am

I have to put in a vote for Jo’burg, which has relatively good F availability (although this may be less if they’re still using the 787 8-seat F rather than twice daily A380).

Early this year I managed to get 2 seats out and back in F for November this year. Doing a combination of Jo’burg, safari, Cape Town and Garden Route.

I used Reward Flight Finder website to set up alerts and watch and wait. There was a pattern to how availability was opening up. It wasn’t 355 days, obviously, more like 180 days. I initially booked the return in WTP but called to switch to F when it opened up. There was not change fee, possibly because of covid flexibility which is now gone.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was tempted to add JNB but found more availability outside of the (our) winter months
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Dubai could be an option ( short flight though and can be an overnight flight) . There seems to be a lot of aircrat swaps depending on time of year ie A380, 777, A350 ( A350 does not have first)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdmr
I have to put in a vote for Jo’burg, which has relatively good F availability (although this may be less if they’re still using the 787 8-seat F rather than twice daily A380).

Early this year I managed to get 2 seats out and back in F for November this year. Doing a combination of Jo’burg, safari, Cape Town and Garden Route.

I used Reward Flight Finder website to set up alerts and watch and wait. There was a pattern to how availability was opening up. It wasn’t 355 days, obviously, more like 180 days. I initially booked the return in WTP but called to switch to F when it opened up. There was not change fee, possibly because of covid flexibility which is now gone.
what site did you use for reward flight notifications?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34648052-post2.html
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:50 am
Original Poster

thanks, won’t let me register. I’ll keep trying
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards

Not quite true, GGL are more likely to be able to get F using a joker to open up availability.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I’ll note that Atlanta has pretty limited connection options outside the SkyTeam realm. It’s even more of a Delta fortress hub than BA has at Heathrow and non-ST airlines get second class treatment there.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
How about MEX or SCL? Both of those had F cabins on those routes last time I checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.