Search

Incorrect Status when flying on AA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Incorrect Status when flying on AA

I became BA Gold back in August.

The problem I am having is when I book on American it's showing up as Oneworld Ruby.

I have removed the FF number and added again with no success.

The problem is, I cannot select MCE, will be the wrong boarding group and may end up with issues using Flagship First check-in & Flagship lounges.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Can't help with MCE but the boarding group issue should be able to be fixed at airport check-in, and showing your status on the BA app will suffice to access first class check-in and lounges.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
you may need to call AA and explain the problem and see what they can do over the phone. Unfortunately, if you didn't book with AA directly, they may charge you to touch the ticket (at least that's what their recorded message says).
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stifle
Can't help with MCE but the boarding group issue should be able to be fixed at airport check-in, and showing your status on the BA app will suffice to access first class check-in and lounges.
Thanks. I got through to someone at AA.

Got them to select MCE for me but, status still showing Ruby.

Ok so all should be good now.

Thanks
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP,

I've had the AA Twitter team change things with little or no hassle. It's the one thing they don't usually mess up.

Of course YMMV
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ttuna3
OP,

I've had the AA Twitter team change things with little or no hassle. It's the one thing they don't usually mess up.

Of course YMMV
To the contrary, I've found the AA Twitter team to be extremely helpful with lots of things without messing up too often.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Happens when I check in at a kiosk but not with an agent or online!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ttuna3
OP,

Of course YMMV
AA twitter nicely says it’s BAs problem but with my card I still have access to oneworld benefits.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Just so you know, there's a well-known glitch with AA's IT system whereby your oneworld status info isn't made available in the QR code on AA's BPs. Your OW status (Emerald, Sapphire, etc.) is printed on AA's BPs though. So in my experience, when scanning your BP at the entrance to a Flagship Lounge or Admirals Club, OW Sapphire/Emerald members routinely get a rejection. AA lounge staff are aware of this glitch, so showing your BP with your OW status will normailly gain you access. If your BP doesn't show your correct OW status you may be denied antry to the lounge, unless there's a way for AA's lounge agents to retrieve your correct status from your reservation record. So I suggest that you be prepared for this eventuality.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by BA2158
Thanks. I got through to someone at AA.

Got them to select MCE for me but, status still showing Ruby.

Ok so all should be good now.

Thanks
That was really the only way to fix it, the MCE. Certainly agreat benefit to have. Luckily waiting for AA to answer (the UK no.) It's much quicker than BA normal lines.

I would recommend have your status ready to show (phone app) at the lounge, should you have any issues. Which I doubt tbh, but it does happen, from time to time.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by London Dude
Just so you know, there's a well-known glitch with AA's IT system whereby your oneworld status info isn't made available in the QR code on AA's BPs. Your OW status (Emerald, Sapphire, etc.) is printed on AA's BPs though. So in my experience, when scanning your BP at the entrance to a Flagship Lounge or Admirals Club, OW Sapphire/Emerald members routinely get a rejection. AA lounge staff are aware of this glitch, so showing your BP with your OW status will normailly gain you access. If your BP doesn't show your correct OW status you may be denied antry to the lounge, unless there's a way for AA's lounge agents to retrieve your correct status from your reservation record. So I suggest that you be prepared for this eventuality.
This is also the same with BA's app - my oneworld status doesn't show on the mobile boarding pass and so I always face challenges trying to enter BA lounges with it. A printed BP shows the status correctly and is never rejected, so I now detour via a kiosk to get a paper BP and kill a few more trees to be allowed into the lounge more easily.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
It's easy, just show lounge agent your BA card , on the BA app.

That gets you in no issues.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

I'm really just trying correct the IT glitch for the future. I fly a lot on AA, and would prefer not to have to call reservations to manually select MCE every time.

As for next weeks flight, a note is also on my reservation so I don't anticipate any problems.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Virgin Flying Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by London Dude
I’m currently having this issue but my boarding pass is showing as Gold / Emerald on my BA pass but Sapphire on my AA one (physical and on app). Not sure if it’s a time lag thing as only became gold last week
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anvil1984
I’m currently having this issue but my boarding pass is showing as Gold / Emerald on my BA pass but Sapphire on my AA one (physical and on app). Not sure if it’s a time lag thing as only became gold last week
I became Gold in early August. Booked my AA flight in mid September. Removed frequent flyer number 4 times hoping it would fix. But no luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.