Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does my BA silver get me benefits on a Finnair business light fare

Does my BA silver get me benefits on a Finnair business light fare

Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:13 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 2,533
Does my BA silver get me benefits on a Finnair business light fare

Never flown AY but spotted a few decent prices to DXB via HEL. But it looks like these 'business light' fares don't come with seat selection or lounge access - does my BA Silver (ie OWS) mean that I will get them anyway?
ratechaser is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:20 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,978
That's correct!
ratechaser and KARFA like this.
Schwann is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:23 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Brentwood
Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Posts: 110
Hoping to use my BA silver/ow sapphire to get lounge access benefits on a AY shorthaul economy fare next week. Would have thought you'd be good on a business lite fare
DrAJ is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:31 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 603
Originally Posted by DrAJ
Hoping to use my BA silver/ow sapphire to get lounge access benefits on a AY shorthaul economy fare next week. Would have thought you'd be good on a business lite fare
Yes, you do get lounge access and also a checked bag, should you need one. Unfortunately no longer possible to choose exit row seat for free for OWS.
lsquare likes this.
flyslow is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:44 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,843
Originally Posted by flyslow
Yes, you do get lounge access and also a checked bag, should you need one. Unfortunately no longer possible to choose exit row seat for free for OWS.
​​​​​​
What about OWE?
lsquare is online now  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:41 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: HEL
Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by lsquare
​​​​​​
What about OWE?
OWE can select exit row seats for free.
lsquare likes this.
haapalainen is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:37 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: LCY
Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,208
As far as I can tell, the only benefit you miss out on is the free wifi onboard
GadgetGal is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:58 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,843
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
As far as I can tell, the only benefit you miss out on is the free wifi onboard
OWE gets free WiFi on all AY flights?
lsquare is online now  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:59 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Fyvie
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
As far as I can tell, the only benefit you miss out on is the free wifi onboard
Is it correct then that you get Priority check-in/Security/boarding on a Business Lite Fare as OWE? (they are not included as standard on a Business Lite fare)
Fyvie Flyer is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:38 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,110
Originally Posted by lsquare
OWE gets free WiFi on all AY flights?
Only Finnair oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members continue to receive free Wi-Fi in some form on Light tickets. This doesnt extend to other oneworld status holders anymore. Its the only missing benefit that isnt restored for a BA status holder when booking Finnairs Light tickets. Everything else is included - Fast-track security (where available), priority check-in, 1 x 23kg checked bag, lounge access (+ 1 eligible guest) and complimentary seat selection (includes exit rows for oneworld Emerald). Finnairs IT, at least with regards to status benefits, has been programmed rather robustly and one wont encounter any issues utilising these benefits. The only downside is that Light tickets are completely inflexible (unless an involuntary change situation comes up of course).
lsquare, SirToby and DiamondMile like this.
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:39 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,110
Originally Posted by Fyvie Flyer
Is it correct then that you get Priority check-in/Security/boarding on a Business Lite Fare as OWE? (they are not included as standard on a Business Lite fare)
Yes, see my post #10 above
KARFA likes this.
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:35 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Only Finnair oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members continue to receive free Wi-Fi in some form on Light tickets. This doesnt extend to other oneworld status holders anymore. Its the only missing benefit that isnt restored for a BA status holder when booking Finnairs Light tickets. Everything else is included - Fast-track security (where available), priority check-in, 1 x 23kg checked bag, lounge access (+ 1 eligible guest) and complimentary seat selection (includes exit rows for oneworld Emerald). Finnairs IT, at least with regards to status benefits, has been programmed rather robustly and one wont encounter any issues utilising these benefits. The only downside is that Light tickets are completely inflexible (unless an involuntary change situation comes up of course).
Do you happen to know if another passenger traveling with me on the same booking would also benefit from a free checked bag based on my OWE status (per usual rules) or if the benefit is just restored for the status holder?
ms_ally is offline  
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:54 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,110
Originally Posted by ms_ally
Do you happen to know if another passenger traveling with me on the same booking would also benefit from a free checked bag based on my OWE status (per usual rules) or if the benefit is just restored for the status holder?
Only for the status holder themselves from my experiences.
ms_ally likes this.
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:10 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Brentwood
Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Posts: 110
I know everyone knows the access rules but it was still a delight to see the lounge access as a OWS pop up on my boarding pass travelling AY short haul economy. A few bumps on the connecting flight on my way in so nice to settle the nerves in the international business lounge.

Kyro G&T
GOTBound, flyslow, tmac100 and 1 others like this.
DrAJ is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:15 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,978
Originally Posted by DrAJ
I know everyone knows the access rules but it was still a delight to see the lounge access as a OWS pop up on my boarding pass travelling AY short haul economy. A few bumps on the connecting flight on my way in so nice to settle the nerves in the international business lounge.

Kyro G&T
Try the church wine if you're off in international J, it is lovely.
Schwann is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.