Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What sort of person boards last and expects to find space for their carry on?

Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

A simple question, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Who are these people?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by SherlockHerbert
A simple question, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Who are these people?
Depends on class of service, route, and aircraft type.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Someone disabled waiting for wheelchair assistance that had no choice about being last and who has critical hand luggage?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
I don’t know, but presumably the polar opposite to the DYKWIA types who elbow their way to the front of the priority queue because they simply HAVE to board first?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:20 pm

1 - Inexperienced flyers.

2 - People who have contracted with the airline based on the material on their website listing the available carry-on baggage allowance, and expect the airline to perform.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strowger
1 - Inexperienced flyers.

2 - People who have contracted with the airline based on the material on their website listing the available carry-on baggage allowance, and expect the airline to perform.
I blame the staff for not taking the cabin bags off the last twenty people at the gate.

Instead they all had to walk back off the aircraft to put their bags in the hold. Hence another 20 minute delay.
Markie and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Me, actually. I don't go around with huge baggage, plus it's fairly squidgy. I can generally find somewhere. If I was taking monster rollaboards doubtless I would use other tactics, otherwise I prefer to stay in the lounge while everyone else gets in a tizz about this and that.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

I have no issue with those who have large carry on bags.

I just want them to get in the queue early.
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Me.
In 1A.
On the A380.
Putting my roll-on in my personal cupboard!
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
People on connecting flights at LHR who have been held up by late arriving aircraft, or stuck on plane as no free stands or no one to operate the jetty, or only one train operating from B and C gates, or held up by massive queues at transfer security …….. it’s a sprint to the gate with fingers crossed hoping that there’s still some space in lockers
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Someone has to be last to board, and an expectation that there will be room for a carry-on bag that is within permitted limits is a reasonable one. Blaming the passenger for BA's failure to manage cabin baggage is unfair.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Me...
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
Checking the size of some of the bags that people take on board would be a start....some are waaaay too big
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markx
Checking the size of some of the bags that people take on board would be a start....some are waaaay too big
I still see plenty of small bags filling you the overhead bins.
LuckyStrike likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by strowger

They only guarantee that a small personal item / laptop bag etc can go in the cabin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.