Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Food in Lounge at EDI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Hot Food in Lounge at EDI

Why are there no hot offerings in the Lounge at Edinburgh - is it the same at Glasgow and Aberdeen ?

Is it because they have not got the equipment to knock up a few Bacon Rolls at Breakfast Time and perhaps Pies or Sausage Rolls ?

Has it always been the case or was it another "enhancement" in the past ?
Mercinator007 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:58 pm

Bacon rolls have been out of the equation for a long time

Aberdeen serve cheese and ham croissants, partially warmed sometimes, at breakfast time
SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Hot food, besides possibly soup, has never been a feature of most regional (non-hub) lounges. I can understand the logic that they are there for people taking short hops and that those withn connections should be able to avail of the fuller lounge offering at hubs eg LHR in the case of BA.

Commercially I also doubt the viability of providing hot meals to passengers who may only be paying 50-60 quid a ticket.
RJD1983 and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by wcel
Aberdeen serve cheese and ham croissants, partially warmed sometimes, at breakfast time
As did Edinburgh when I was last there in August, plus porridge.
JTXC likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Hot paninis and hot soup are regularly available at the EDI lounge although the paninis quite often run out as they seem to be popular.

Better than a CW DOH-LHR dinner…!
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Glasgow do porridge 😋

Being a lily livered Southerner, never really tried it, except the instant microwave stuff.

On a recent trip, one of the excellent lady staff members recommended it
Delicious with jam
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The rack where they serve the hot croissants and panninis is still there next the soup, but has been unused the last few times I have been in, which has included lunch and dinner times. I did wonder if they have stopped offering these.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:29 am

EDI will make you some toast, by request, sometimes.
Occasionally some generic bakery product with cheese and ham being kept warm in the little ovens near the 'buffet'

I just wish they would being back fresh fruit salad, rather than the cr*p form a can.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Hot paninis and hot soup are regularly available at the EDI lounge although the paninis quite often run out as they seem to be popular.

Better than a CW DOH-LHR dinner…!
Thanks everyone for your answers, I'd forgotten about the soup !!

Bacon Panini would be nice at Breakfast Time.

One thing for certain the post noon offerings are a lot better than those that precede them - albeit mainly cold - Bring on the Scotch Pies
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
I've not seen the ham and cheese croissants since pre-covid, although they seem to have moved to being the Express band CE breakfast now! Last time I was in the lounge in the evening a couple of months ago there were some toasted panninis
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by Hawkbat
I've not seen the ham and cheese croissants since pre-covid, although they seem to have moved to being the Express band CE breakfast now! Last time I was in the lounge in the evening a couple of months ago there were some toasted panninis
They were definitely there in August but they got snaffled up pretty much instantly and weren’t replenished very quickly, so you had to be fast!
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Butts
Thanks everyone for your answers, I'd forgotten about the soup !!

Bacon Panini would be nice at Breakfast Time.

One thing for certain the post noon offerings are a lot better than those that precede them - albeit mainly cold - Bring on the Scotch Pies

Apologies for the poor quality of the photos but in my defence they were not intended for a wider audience but submitted as evidence to my better half that I was actually having something to eat in the lounge and not simply "drinking my way to London...."
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
I was there yesterday evening and there was soup and bread, sandwiches, cheese and biscuits, and nibbles. I don't recall any sweet treats. I found it a bit underwhelming, especially as they were clearing things away well before the final BA flights departed.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'd take the EDI BA lounge without much food any day over the NCL Aspire lounge which replaced the BA lounge there. On paper the Aspire offering is better with a hot buffet but I'd rather be next door in the old BA lounge with sandwiches and soup. For as long as I remember the BA regional lounge offering has been the same whether it was MAN, NCL, EDI, GLA or ABZ the addition of the hot sandwiches occasionally in EDI after the new lounge opened was actually an improvement.
Scotair, MarcD, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:19 am

OK I have just asked in the lounge and apparently the paninis and scones have been permanently enhanced away…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.