FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Ba.com broken again??? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2095108-ba-com-broken-again.html)

Scots_Al Sep 21, 2022 6:08 pm

Ba.com broken again???

Anyone else doing the 1am Avios booking this morning and running into difficulties?

All logged in and fine with a dry run at 12.55, but come 1am, I firstly get the erroneous message that BA and its partners don't fly that route, and on re-trying get a message that access to my account is unavailable while they upgrade their systems - see link for more info (link is of course a broken one).

Hopefully it's not just me. If it is planned work, why tf would they do it at the precise time that Avios seats are released?????

ejssx20031 Sep 21, 2022 6:24 pm

Same issue here on the USA version of the website whilst I was trying to check how many open seats on my flight next week.

srbrenna Sep 21, 2022 6:33 pm

I can’t even log in!

Scots_Al Sep 21, 2022 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by srbrenna (Post 34619743)
I can’t even log in!

I can't anymore either!

Lioneye Sep 22, 2022 2:42 am

My android app is working ok

Irreverent Medusa Sep 22, 2022 7:50 am

I did a RFS booking on the android app earlier today without any issues, although it did take longer than usual for the flight to show up in the "Upcoming bookings" section.
I always screenshot the confirmation page anyway just in case, not just with BA but for every online order

MetalDoggy Sep 22, 2022 9:08 am

Oh yes. I too had the exact issue although it kindly let me get to the payment stage before kicking me out. I tried all sorts - using the App, a VPN, calling USA (closed), and calling Japan (the nice fellow had the same issue at his end).

it was out for pretty much exactly one hour. I ended up securing my first choice of seats on a Rugby World Cup route shortly after 2am. Four flights available that day back from Marseille with all Avios seats showing as available when I booked. By the time I’d secured mine and checked back, about half of them were gone. By 7am all 48 Avios seats had been sold so clearly there were many nutters kept checking back through the night.

I’m a sleepy doggy today

Scots_Al Sep 22, 2022 10:30 am

Originally Posted by MetalDoggy (Post 34621246)
Oh yes. I too had the exact issue although it kindly let me get to the payment stage before kicking me out. I tried all sorts - using the App, a VPN, calling USA (closed), and calling Japan (the nice fellow had the same issue at his end).

it was out for pretty much exactly one hour. I ended up securing my first choice of seats on a Rugby World Cup route shortly after 2am. Four flights available that day back from Marseille with all Avios seats showing as available when I booked. By the time I’d secured mine and checked back, about half of them were gone. By 7am all 48 Avios seats had been sold so clearly there were many nutters kept checking back through the night.

I’m a sleepy doggy today

Haha - I was after MRS-GLA too after the Scotland game. Even now, however, BA.com insists that even for a cash booking BA don't fly that route that day (you can of course book MRS-LHR and LHR-GLA with loads of time between, so this is a nonsense).

Anyway, ended up with LYS-LHR-GLA (direct train from Marseille to LYS). Not that bothered as we'll ideally try and get something direct to GLA or EDI when other airlines release their schedules (probably from MRS, NCE or CDG). But good to have something 'banked'. This was always going to be the trickiest of the 4 group games, as Scotland, England, South Africa and Argentina are all in town at the same time...

MetalDoggy Sep 22, 2022 12:14 pm

Scots_Al the world is indeed too small. I doubt it will be much consolation but I’m off to see the Scots also. I suspect I’m pushing my luck as it is going to the South Africa game if I wish to maintain domestic harmony but I’m looking at Nice on the 24th of September and thinking “that looks nice”. I’m going with a London based pal and because I’m a real team player and there is no way he could be organised enough to bag Avios flights at T-355 or whatever it is I booked for both of us.

So I’m flying to Heathrow on Friday, spending 50,000 of my late father’s hard earned Hilton points staying at the egregiously overpriced Hilton Garden Inn there and then all being well will see my pal on the 7:10am flight on the Saturday. I wanted the 9:00am but the four Club seats were already gone at 1am (clearly someone on the phone) and my attempt to baggsie two economy seats failed so 7:10am it is for us albeit in Club so we can enjoy a sweaty BA breakfast. 9:00am would have allowed me the luxury of the Sofitel at T5 (£107 as a secret hotel!) but I don’t fancy my chances of getting from T5 to T3 at 5am without messing up hence HGI.

Coming back, the kicker is I booked the two of us to Heathrow on the same PNR. Which means I need a separate flight up to sunny Edinburgh. I’ll probably book a cash flight for that in a day or two when hopefully prices drop and it will allow me a same day change if the incoming is delayed. All far more complex than it really should be! The irony, of course, is that I could have separately booked my pal to London and me to Edinburgh on a connecting flight as my flights were available for a wee while at 2:15am once all was well again with the BA webshite.

My wife obviously despairs at all this and has gone out for dinner and a show with friends leaving me with two feral offspring who don’t understand that daddy is knackered…

Scots_Al Sep 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Well you may have beaten me to the flights back, but I'm sorry to tell you that I got 2 seats on the 9am on Saturday morning (in Y - on the website)! Coming down on the last flight from GLA night before - hotel tbc (HGI is indeed outrageously priced). Luckily my wife is my travelling partner as she was for the last World Cup, for which travel arrangements were probably easier!

MetalDoggy Sep 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al (Post 34621967)
I got 2 seats on the 9am on Saturday morning (in Y - on the website)!

I cannot begrudge you these 9am seats. Plus it is a bit funny that my mate will need to make his to Heathrow at the crack of dawn whereas all I’ll need to do is meander down a tunnel.