Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR alcohol etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
That is a great routine - I may follow that in November for my vacation - and substitute G&T for Bourbon and Coke, but other than that - spot on! I have a 7 hour layover to attend to the imbibing...
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Totally happy for the OP to go with his/her plan but I'll admit that to me that would be a guaranteed massive headache and very unpleasant flight thereafter. My recommendation would be not to mix to many things so personally, if wanting more drinks, I might just stick to either LGPS then one wine (but often, in the CCR I find the red selection better than their whites) or LGPS followed by a Champagne cocktail (the BA 175 is my favourite anyway)
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:56 am

"OverTheHorizon", I hope you have a lovely time in the Concorde Room.

There is no "alcohol etiquette". Choose what you like and drink it in the order you prefer. My husband and I head for the terrace and order a glass of champagne and some olives. It's such a great spot and view. Depending on the time of day and meal, I might have a glass or two of wine (always with a glass of water). The staff will serve you whatever you choose in the restaurant area, including Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle Champagne. Sometimes, especially on later flights, it's nice to have a gin and tonic in the quietening CCR. The bar staff are pleasant to talk to but I prefer to sit somewhere quiet and relax before a flight. There have been CCR visits with friends when I have had more to drink but it's deyhdrating and not my wisest choice.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:08 am

Apologies, deleted.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Sep 20, 2022 at 10:09 am Reason: Deleted wrong thread.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
‘1 x LPGS at the bar
1 x LPGS taken to the table, to have with the starter (I will probably have the smoked salmon).‘

I take it they are are bottles? In that case......👍
mradey likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The initial post had a question about the white wines. I am at the CCR and just snapped this picture for you.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA
Brilliant, thank you!

I'd be interested to see the reds too
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
What is the etiquette on drinking when one’s flight is 10:25am?

First visit, what itinerary should we follow? Staying at the Thistle (yes I know) the night before.

How do we max the experience?

we are back in March for a 12:15 flight
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Red wines as of today.

HIDDY and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ajamieson
There is. It has been replaced with a 'salmon mousse' which, in my opinion, tastes as bad as it looks.
Funny. I tried it and thought it tasted better than it looked. But, yes, sadly not as nice as the smoked salmon.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I mentioned in another post the other day the importance of pacing. I had a few glasses of LPGS before my last First flight and by time I was on board it seemed almost too much to have mor, but I did anyway. By time lunch arrived i went light on wine as felt pretty drunk already. I now mix my drinking with plenty of sparkling water served on the side. Helps me go slower and enjoy it rather than guzzling and getting smashed. My typical journey is an 11 hour flight to Mex so not much fun sobering up and being dehydrated.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:52 pm

2 x LGPS to start followed by a Heineken every 30 minutes until boarding.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Never seen thread like this before. Maybe there should be a "Optimal lounge drinking tactics" wiki post.

But really, who plans their lounge drinks in advance?
layz and El_Duderito like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
For me it’s a BA 175 then on to the LPGS and once onboard if I like the look of a wine I might give it a try but always the dessert wine and with the cheese the port and plenty of water.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Never seen thread like this before. Maybe there should be a "Optimal lounge drinking tactics" wiki post.

But really, who plans their lounge drinks in advance?
Indeed. Surely there's no wrong way to go about this -- unless one overdoes, of course.

Will the bartender still do a Mojito Royal(e)? It could be a refreshing starter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.