Wiki Posts
Search

Gold luggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Platinum, Leaders Club, BA Gold, Virgin Gold
Gold luggage tags

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but does anybody know where on the BA website I can order my gold luggage tags please?

I thought that there might have been an oversight or they were just lost in the post, but have read online that they were discontinued as an automatic send out and had to be requested.. just don’t know where or how.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DannyPR
Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but does anybody know where on the BA website I can order my gold luggage tags please?

I thought that there might have been an oversight or they were just lost in the post, but have read online that they were discontinued as an automatic send out and had to be requested.. just don’t know where or how.

Thanks!
Manage my account section..should be a link to order executive club items
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:59 am
formerly JackDann

Do the tags have any useful info on or is it just name? I’d get one to slot into the little card holder on my case if so, currently I use a business card.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JD1905
Do the tags have any useful info on or is it just name? I’d get one to slot into the little card holder on my case if so, currently I use a business card.
Name, number and expiry date on the front. Signature strip and Gold Line contact numbers on the back.
Wrong information provided!

Last edited by TedToToe; Sep 17, 2022 at 3:21 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Name, number and expiry date on the front. Signature strip and Gold Line contact numbers on the back.
Not on the luggage tags, on the membership card yes.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
That part of the website (executive club items) throws up an error for me and has done for a year. Worked fine for Mrs Firstlight too - until she became GGL recently. However the gold phone servoce line people can order for you if the website isn't working.

I know people diss the luggage tags (especially on hand luggage) but having it attached did result in a very expensive dress being returned to Mrs Firstlight after we (and the crew) inadvertently left it in a locker after a long haul night flight. It was waiting for us at lost luggage since then we use them as BA can find your details from the exec number..,
RJD1983, becks1, Fatdickie and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
Ah, yes, apologies. I completely misread the question!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTE=firstlight;34607460]That part of the website (executive club items) throws up an error for me and has done for a year. Worked fine for Mrs Firstlight too - until she became GGL recently. However the gold phone servoce line people can order for you if the website isn't working.

I know people diss the luggage tags (especially on hand luggage) but having it attached did result in a very expensive dress being returned to Mrs Firstlight after we (and the crew) inadvertently left it in a locker after a long haul night flight. It was waiting for us at lost luggage since then we use them as BA can find your details from the exec number..,[/QUOTE
on hand luggage i'd hope the gold/GGL tags would make it less likely your bag would be chosen for mandatory placing in the hold. At least in a tie breaker situation tag must be better than no tag... maybe?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:45 am

[QUOTE=danmushman;34607470]
That part of the website (executive club items) throws up an error for me and has done for a year. Worked fine for Mrs Firstlight too - until she became GGL recently. However the gold phone servoce line people can order for you if the website isn't working.

I know people diss the luggage tags (especially on hand luggage) but having it attached did result in a very expensive dress being returned to Mrs Firstlight after we (and the crew) inadvertently left it in a locker after a long haul night flight. It was waiting for us at lost luggage since then we use them as BA can find your details from the exec number..,[/QUOTE
on hand luggage i'd hope the gold/GGL tags would make it less likely your bag would be chosen for mandatory placing in the hold. At least in a tie breaker situation tag must be better than no tag... maybe?
I'd assume so but BA seem to now concentrate on taking carry-on bags off group 4 upwards rather than groups 1,2 and 3
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Platinum, Leaders Club, BA Gold, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Thanks TTmex… ordered.

As an FYI to others seems like you can only order on the desktop version of the site and not on the mobile version.
firstlight and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I have a couple dozen Gold tags, and they all bear both my first and last names and BAEC membership number.

I always have them on my luggage as over the years I noticed that both BA and airport staff tend to be more accommodating when they see them.
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by London Dude; Sep 17, 2022 at 6:25 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTE=firstlight;34607497]
Originally Posted by danmushman

I'd assume so but BA seem to now concentrate on taking carry-on bags off group 4 upwards rather than groups 1,2 and 3
yeh it's a move i approve of. But often maximising time in lounge i might board with the higher groups - so only the tags stand out
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:01 am

[QUOTE=danmushman;34607470]

This happened to me a couple times over the summer at LHR - running late on connections, the gate staff looking at bags to check and skipped over mine (GGL). I’ve seen it happen for other Gold/GGLs.

Very much appreciated to save the wait and worry about checked luggage.
London Dude likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Anyone else find the little black loop that is meant to hold the tag on your bag is quite flimsy and unreliable? Anyone have a creative solution for more securely attaching my Gold bling to my carry on?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Anyone else find the little black loop that is meant to hold the tag on your bag is quite flimsy and unreliable? Anyone have a creative solution for more securely attaching my Gold bling to my carry on?
I only use the tags with my carry-on, so it's not that big of a concern for me.
That said, I quite like the look of the plastic thing that the UA (not sure about the others) send with the bag tags.
Seems like these things are called luggage loops, but I'm not at all sure (that's where English not being my native languag comes to bite me in the ...).
Radiation Station likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.