DUB lounge

Old Sep 15, 22, 4:12 am
Original Poster

DUB lounge

Hi…

I am BA Gold flying DUB to LHR tomorrow in Club.

what’s the best lounge to use at Dublin? I’m on the 1250 BA 835.

thanks
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
You don't have any choice, there is only one available to you, upstairs above duty free.
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe View Post
Hi…

I am BA Gold flying DUB to LHR tomorrow in Club.

what’s the best lounge to use at Dublin? I’m on the 1250 BA 835.
The Dublin Airport DAA Lounge in Terminal 1 is your option here, it's just after security screening.

That is the lounge BA use. You don't have any other options really, though I suppose they'll let you in to the DAA lounge in Terminal 2 if you wanted to walk down there.
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It is only one you can pick and it is the Executive Lounge run by the airport. It is just after security up the stairs. Not a great lounge tbh.
Old Sep 15, 22, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Not a great lounge tbh.
You can say that again!
Old Sep 16, 22, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
It is only one you can pick and it is the Executive Lounge run by the airport. It is just after security up the stairs. Not a great lounge tbh.
Not a great lounge is an understatement...!

Currently sat in here and it's appalling. Considering the number of BA and Aer Lingus flights between London and Dublin I'm surprised they haven't got a lounge here...!

Is the one in terminal 2 better? I could walk down...
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR

Currently sat in here and it's appalling. Considering the number of BA and Aer Lingus flights between London and Dublin I'm surprised they haven't got a lounge here...!

Agreed, very poor given the BA customer traffic through DUB.
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Not really .. wouldn't bother !
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:26 am

EI have a lounge in T2, but unless things have changed you don't have access on the BA ticket.
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:28 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club

Well Aer Lingus have their own lounge in the T2 area (which is just as bad to be fair). The airport operated T2 lounge (beside the Aer Lingus one) is just a smaller version of the T1 lounge, no point in moving.
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:53 am

The two bog standard DAA lounges are the worst ones in the airport.

The best one I've been to is the 51st and Green Lounge which is after US Pre-Clearance, so only accessed by those on flights to the US. That is also operated by the airport, so they can do better. (Not been to the East Lounge also DAA operated but former Etihad - apparently that's also good - it's for flights East - ie - Emirates, Qatar, Etihad).

That T1 lounge is the former BMI lounge. BA should have kept it - pre-pandemic they were up to 13 or 14 flights per day out of Dublin.
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:57 am
Original Poster

I'm shocked that a major hub for BA has such an appalling lounge. Arrived at 10.30 this morning, it was rammed, tables not cleaned, toilets dirty, poor choice of food and drink... Really bad
Old Sep 16, 22, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Yeah .. now that Dublin have their security issues sorted out there's no reason to turn up early to go to the Lounge for sure .. it's pretty poor ( and really bad when it's busy like it is during the middle of the day very often )
Old Sep 16, 22, 6:14 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Silver, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Honours Diamond, Marriot Silver
As others have said lounge choice in Dublin is poor. The T1 Exec lounge being on a par with the T1 aesthetic generally, it offers walk in access so is usually rammed and the offering of food and drink poor all day. The 51st and Green in T2 US pre clearance area is the best I've used, just about qualifies as adequate but still not somewhere you really want to spend an extended period of time.
Old Sep 16, 22, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I'm shocked that a major hub for BA has such an appalling lounge. Arrived at 10.30 this morning, it was rammed, tables not cleaned, toilets dirty, poor choice of food and drink... Really bad
Agree, its very poor.

I wish BA put more value on a good network of their own lounges.

Search this Thread