DUB lounge

Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by Simonp27
Agree, its very poor.

I wish BA put more value on a good network of their own lounges.
No need to as their main competitors on short haul don’t either.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Not a great lounge tbh.
Can't be worse than the NCL Aspire
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The Dublin Airport DAA Lounge in Terminal 1 is your option here, it's just after security screening.

That is the lounge BA use. You don't have any other options really, though I suppose they'll let you in to the DAA lounge in Terminal 2 if you wanted to walk down there.
I thought you could use the EI lounge as long as you were flying to LHR or LGW -- or is that only on EI flights? It's marginally better than the DAA lounges but not enough to be worth the walk to T2, especially as I'm not sure you would get in.

Fwiw I would describe the DAA lounges as "very average" not "poor". But I've spent too much time in US airports... They can be crowded but there is basic snacks and drinks. I've certainly seen far worse.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I thought you could use the EI lounge as long as you were flying to LHR or LGW -- or is that only on EI flights?
The access to the Aer Lingus lounge with your BA card is only for London flights flying with Aer Lingus ( I think in theory it might be related to the BA codeshare, but in practice you don't have to be flying on a BA ticket ) .. so it wouldn't have helped the OP yesterday .. The Aer Lingus lounge in T2 at least has big windows and a bit of a view !
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was there yesterday.

T2 Dublin Lounge may or may not work on BA ticket. I used Priority Pass. It's small busy and not grear.

Aer Lingus is a straight "no", as it was a BA Operated flight (not sure about a Y Aer Lings and BA Gold).

T1, was so rammed they ran out of seats! Poor food, not enough space, basically the lounge for anyone/everyone.

I'm flying Etihad out of DUB next month so will report on the lounge! So far 51st & Green wins........but that's not great either!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:54 am

I’ve been let in to the EI lounge in DUB flying to LCY, but not to LHR. However it’s not that much better. The main DAA T1 one is dreadful though. Whenever I’ve been in, it’s been full of people on Priority Passes with the bank cards.

Definitely miss it from when it was the Diamond Club Lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:54 am

Something to keep in mind is the two alcoholic drink limit in the T1 lounge. Just had it enforced upon me.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by acucobol
Something to keep in mind is the two alcoholic drink limit in the T1 lounge. Just had it enforced upon me.
Interesting. I always thought those limits were not strongly enforced (more a condition put in place to stop excessive consumption to an absurd degree).
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I'm just about to book an Avios ticket and have the option of either exDUB or exAMS. The fees are low from both but they either have no lounge or a crap one.

Has DUB lounge improved in recent months?

More importantly, does it serve Guinness?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It is the same adequate lounge it's been for a while. I have never seen Guinness there, and certainly not on draft.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by wb1969
I'm just about to book an Avios ticket and have the option of either exDUB or exAMS. The fees are low from both but they either have no lounge or a crap one.

Has DUB lounge improved in recent months?

More importantly, does it serve Guinness?
it’s the same as it’s been for years, and it does serve Guinness.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by acucobol
Seriously?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
Seriously?
Yes, they’re pretty strict on it as well (unless you happen to be there during shift changeover, when it’s effectively doubled).
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
It serves Guinness out of a can...
I use the lounge a couple of times a year - never not gotten a seat, but I'm not there on Monday morning / Friday evening. I think I've even paid in once years ago, but there are more and better bar options available now throughout the terminal where I'd prefer to spend my €€€
Never had the drinks cap placed on me, but I'm not sure if I've often gone over it. Plus I'd tend to be with my OH, so it's probably then an average cap applied! If they had decent Guinness on tap I'm sure they'd have had to cut me off!
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:37 am

What's the world coming to when the Irish put a cap on how many drinks you can consume?

Out of curiosity, is this the Executive or East lounge? Or both?

Is there anything to stop me having 2 in one, then going to the other lounge? 3 hours to kill so these things are important.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.