Saw this online, apparently leaked

saw this online, leaked apparently
where did you see it on BA website?
Old Sep 13, 22, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It's not on the BA website.

What I don't know ('cos I'm not one) is if GGL members already see these listed under 'My eVouchers' online?
Old Sep 13, 22, 7:17 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post

What I don't know ('cos I'm not one) is if GGL members already see these listed under 'My eVouchers' online?
Nothing so far for me.
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 13, 22, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold

Just checked on mobile website and no presence of the new SWU vouchers next to the GUFs. Furthermore, I would note that on the leaked screenshot the language employed eligible gold members, but criteria for eligibility is nowhere stipulated.
Old Sep 13, 22, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by alexduport View Post
where did you see it on BA website?
On another forum
Old Sep 13, 22, 9:19 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Any idea if they will include IB (and maybe AY as a JV partner, too)?
Old Sep 13, 22, 10:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
The catch is, it isn't for Golds. Just GGL.
Far too many perks these days for GGL folks

More should be done for us peasants at basic Gold and below.

All those in favour say "Hey"
Old Sep 13, 22, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
No. GGL only. Stop believing rubbish written by bloggers who don't know what they are talking about.
Originally Posted by etiene View Post
The page is live on the AA side - seems to be the same "SWU" stock as would apply to AA metal. It sounds like SWUs are one of a number of options chosen at EXP[?] level - so the latter I think.
In fact Plat Pro, ExPlat and CK all can earn SWU, so if only GGL will receive these, then BA did beyond a very poor job of negotiating. With that being the case, no offense Raffles, but I find it extremely unlikely that BA is only offering this to GGL and AA offering to all three of their Emerald levels, especially PlatPro which is exceedingly easy to earn.
Old Sep 13, 22, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I'd also be very surprisied if it was GGL only.
That said, giving it to all Gold members would also be funny since they'd be able to upgrade on AA but not BA (assuming <2,500 TP).
Old Sep 13, 22, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA G, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
The catch is, it isn't for Golds. Just GGL.
The article in the link from OP just stated "Golds", but I just saw one of the comments at the foot of the article say that someone had followed up with BA, and apparently it's only for those earning >2500 TP/yr.

That stopped my Happy Dance before I got to the first twirl.
Old Sep 13, 22, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
If that is true, then I agree BA did a terrible job of negotiating.

Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K and 100K members are also given American Airlines Upgrade Certificates. I believe that the routes they can upgrade are limited.

This comes from the Alaska website:

American Airlines Upgrade Certificate terms and conditions
American Airlines upgrade certificates are valid only for Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K and 100K members who qualified in 2021 for 2022 status. Members who earned status via promotions, status matches, or status gifts are not eligible.
Each qualified MVP Gold 75K member is eligible to receive 1 one-way upgrade. Each qualified MVP Gold 100K member is eligible to receive 2 one-way upgrades.
Each qualified member must provide their unique American Airlines access code and Mileage Plan number when making the upgrade request.
Upgrades are subject to capacity controls and are limited to a single one-way ticket with a maximum of three segments. Reservations are subject to seat availability at the time of upgrade.
Upgrades must be requested and confirmed no later than December 31, 2022; travel does not have to be completed before the expiration date of the upgrade. Unused upgrades will not be refunded, exchanged, or transferred.
Upgrades are valid on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Airlines or American Eagle offering a First or Business Class cabin for travel. Not valid on codeshare flights. Reservations may be made and tickets purchased from any authorized Travel Agency or American Airlines.
Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades.
Any tax liability is the responsibility of the user. Systemwide upgrades are subject to applicable taxes and security fees and may incur additional taxes as a result of upgrading to a higher-class cabin.
Each upgrade is valid for a single flight from most Business fares to First and most Economy or Premium Economy fares to Business. Upgrades are not valid from Basic Economy.
Old Sep 14, 22, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by loosehead View Post
The article in the link from OP just stated "Golds", but I just saw one of the comments at the foot of the article say that someone had followed up with BA, and apparently it's only for those earning >2500 TP/yr.

That stopped my Happy Dance before I got to the first twirl.
Im a Gold who will hit 2520TP after my flight home next week - can report back after that
Old Sep 14, 22, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Isn't this just a convoluted and confusing piece stating what we already knew - that 'Gold' Upgrade Vouchers, as from 19 May 22, can be used on AA metal as well as BA metal? Has the reciprocal deal only recently been announced the other way round - thus generating the original article?

In which case it is based on TPs, not status, so would be available to Golds or anyone reaching the required GUF TP thresholds.
VSLover, abligh, IJG2 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 22, 3:20 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by sbgmiles View Post
Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K and 100K members are also given American Airlines Upgrade Certificates. I believe that the routes they can upgrade are limited.
That was true of the limited SWUs last year which could only upgrade flights originating or ending in the West coast hubs.
The SWUs given this year are fully general. I've used one on a domestic itinerary from DEN to JFK and one between DFW and NRT.
Old Sep 14, 22, 3:24 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by mrow View Post
Likewise for A buckets for AAs systemwide upgrades; two different buckets exist for c and A, so even if A or C are available to purchase they are not always available for using AAs systemwide upgrades.
You are unfortunately correct. I've just tried to upgrade two flights showing A6 and A7 on EF (in the upgrade EF request) and was told the upgrade bucket was not available.

It is sad that EF's search for award cannot distinguish upgrade A/C buckets from their sales equivalent.
mrow likes this.

Search this Thread